QR Code Scam Ford Accessories deal - Beware!

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Danger - If you see this pop up it may not take you for Ford. It could be a scam/virus and take you to a fake site. DO NOT scan or follow the QR code without checking where you're landing.

Update: If you use the QR code make sure you land on the official Ford Accessories web site before doing anything. Check the address bar. Last night it took me to a fake Ford page.
Ford Bronco Sport QR Code Scam Ford Accessories deal - Beware! QR scam
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
NOTE: Last night this link took me to a fake web site. Be careful. If you use the QR code make sure that it's taking you to the official Ford accessories web site. Check the address bar before you do anything. It should take you to: https://accessories.ford.com

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Good info. Thanks for sharing!

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
NOTE: Last night this link took me to a fake web site. Be careful. If you use the QR code make sure that it's taking you to the official Ford accessories web site. Check the address bar before you do anything. It should take you to: https://accessories.ford.com
What site were you on when you got the pop-up? Hopefully not an official Ford site.

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
What site were you on when you got the pop-up? Hopefully not an official Ford site.
No, it was a .de site asking for my name address, username and password. Looks like I got redirected to a non-ford site. Definitely not accessories.ford.com.

Jmav216

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Anybody know what this is about

Ford Bronco Sport QR Code Scam Ford Accessories deal - Beware! Screenshot_20220308-202420_Chrome
Sponsored