Production delays??

kmac1036

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Shopping for my brother (special needs and lives with me) & tried ordering Monday. Badlands / Badlands pkg in Cyber Orange was a no go because the leather seats in that color aren't available. Message was "Commodity Restricted." Same for the co-pilot 360+ so we're hoping to pick up the Badlands / Area 51 coming in soon instead.
Sponsored

JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I just spoke to the dealer - it's the power moonroof causing all the delays - ford is having trouble getting parts for it and I was told that they are looking for a new supplier also.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Just got this from Ford. I was expecting delivery this week. I was told it was built. And yes, it has the OB package. Sigh.....

To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Bronco™ Sport SUV Outer Banks is delivered to Front Royal Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 8 2021 and January 14 2021 has been updated to between February 3 2021 and February 9 2021.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Just got this from Ford. I was expecting delivery this week. I was told it was built. And yes, it has the OB package. Sigh.....

To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Bronco™ Sport SUV Outer Banks is delivered to Front Royal Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 8 2021 and January 14 2021 has been updated to between February 3 2021 and February 9 2021.
There's definitely something going on with in production and not-delivered vehicles from the past couple of weeks. Common thread seems to be the "extra" package

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
? I wonder if you would have been partially satisfied if it was delivered in the previous estimated delivery range.

but using additional time they will ensure complete satisfaction.. well it’s still well before my delivery and I ordered in July 2020
I never truly expected it to be on time. Just hoped. My dealer said usually 3 days before or after the eta. At this rate, maybe it will miss a muddy Virginia winter.

Headsong

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
im just saying the wording in the email sounds to be they are delaying because of a quality control issue instead of unable to build because of no material. Delivery updated to “ensure complete satisfaction” not updated because of “a part shortage”
Them are words.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
im just saying the wording in the email sounds to be they are delaying because of a quality control issue instead of unable to build because of no material. Delivery updated to “ensure complete satisfaction” not updated because of “a part shortage”
it definitely sounds like some are being held for some kind of QA thing. Wouldn’t be surprising.

Better to do it now then have it show up with a recall notice I guess.

They probably figured out Jerry was leaving starburst wrappers in the glove boxes and they need to inspect And clear them out. Classic jerry to be honest.

OP
OP

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Ordered my BL+BL on October 6 and it been crickets from dealer and Ford.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Just got email from my dealer saying my OB just was put on a transport and is on it's way to their lot. This is in WI. For reference, did not get the OB package.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Just got email from my dealer saying my OB just was put on a transport and is on it's way to their lot. This is in WI. For reference, did not get the OB package.
Do you know when your scheduled build date was?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I'm plugging the VINs for BL+BL vehicles I'm finding - and there are a TON that started to build around 12/21, and are still "in production." So far I've found at least 12.

So either the tracker on this site has wonky data, or things are being held up for some reason.
Sponsored