Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power warning.

ZQ8

Big Bend
First Name
BRAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport / Big Bend
Mine did not come back on at the next restart.
Sponsored

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Hello fellow Bronco Sport drivers! I bought my 2022 Bronco Sport this past June have had it about 6 months. I have roughly 7962 miles on it, a lot of highway/traveling and living in California in general. On Wednesday this week I had the same wrench light come on and right away my issues started with it running really rough. Once I got into the highway thingā€™s seemed fine minus the light stop being on. I got off the highway and came to a red light, as I started to go once it turned green my foot was basically pushing the pedal to the floor with minimal power and the engine rpmā€™s were at 4000-5000. I was able to park it safely nearby. I went back the next day to see if maybe it was a glitch, nope still all the same issues except now when I put it in Reverse, the shifter starts blinking and a message that says something to the effect of reducing to a lower speed and well I couldnā€™t move it at all!

Long story short I got a call from the dealership today and yep my brand new Bronco also needs a whole new transmission smh. Thank goodness I bought the 6/75,000 mi warranty with bumper to bumper coverage otherwise Iā€™d be screwed. I just wanted to share my experience in case this happens to anyone else. The final diagnosis a new transmission so now my Bronco is going to be new, new šŸ˜‚ā€¦.. got to hunt the good stuff in bad situations.
You are still within the factory bumper to bumper warranty which is 3/36, so you would have been ok without the extended warranty. However, the transmission is part of the powertrain warranty which is 5/60 so you would have had awhile to be covered there. I recently added a 6/60 warranty for my 2021 as I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to pay to fix it while I am still making payments.

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
2021 Badlands. 6,000+ miles. Got the messages of doom today. Didn't go out at restart. Dealer can't see me until the 31st. And being I'm 6,000 miles from the 21st century, Lord knows how long it will take to get any necessary parts to fix. Thankfully still under warranty.

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I never updated my problem. Three months later, after actuator 'A' of the 4WD control unit was replaced, it ran good as new. Two months later, the indicator lights, loss of drive modes, loss of 4WD, loss of traction control reappeared. This time the dealer told me it is actuator 'B' of the same unit. Less than 8,000 mi total and twice I had the same powertrain problem.

That was enough for me. I'm now a happy Wrangler owner... again.

Best of luck to you Ford lovin' die-hards.

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Given its got about 1/3rd of the electronic crap the BL had, I'm happy with the odds...

2,500 miles logged so far and there's no mystery noises, no electronics taking a mind of their own, just a baseline 4WD that goes when and where I want it to.

I'll report back in one year ;-)
Sponsored