davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Here's my latest one. It's in a parking lot. This was on day two of a little vacation/road trip. And here's why I thought it was a really good picture.

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_3275

Day one.... I drove to Concan Adventure Trails to try that new off-road park. It was my first time really off road (besides the beach or some R-M dirt roads) in my Bronco Sport. The blue lines are the trails I rode when I remembered to turn on tacking using onX. The spot marked is around where I almost got stuck.
Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_3185
Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_3194

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 11.45.50 AM

I left early, wasn't feeling well, and drove up to Garner State Park to eat supper out there. I missed it (long story, don't ask) and went looking for gas. Ended up in Kerrville for gas then out to Fredericksburg for supper. I then drove to San Antonio for the night.

The next morning, I got up, went to the San Antonio Zoo, then went to the Japanese Tea Garden near by. Walking back is when I took that first picture. I thought this was a nice vehicle that I can do a lot in.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Made it on the beach. Stock 2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks trim

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_3037
Nice. It looks like hard packed sand, so no serious need to air down, or did you?

Cjdicesare

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Lincoln MKC
Nice. It looks like hard packed sand, so no serious need to air down, or did you?
This is by the water so was packed real good. The sand where you drive is dry and very loose. I was really unsure if the road tires were going to make it there. But as everyone says as long as you keep momentum you’ll be good. We aired down to 15psi. The dry loose deep side of the beach made me nervous but she did good and we didn’t get stuck although there were a few spots where it probably could have happened but got her left out of.

What I would tell people who ask, can the stock tires do it? Yes! But next time I’m buying some more aggressive tires.

Cjdicesare

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Lincoln MKC
Looks like an awesome day! Thanks for sharing with the community, Christopher.
Here are some more from today, we had breakfast on the beach.

Again we found a nice packed down spot but driving to this point was very very loose. But she pushed right through. Had some big broncos pull over to tell me they were impressed she pushed as far down the beach as we did stock on the loose sand. Ford really did something special with the systems on here.

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1728

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1724

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1723

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1722

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Here are some more from today, we had breakfast on the beach.

Again we found a nice packed down spot but driving to this point was very very loose. But she pushed right through. Had some big broncos pull over to tell me they were impressed she pushed as far down the beach as we did stock on the loose sand. Ford really did something special with the systems on here.

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1728

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1724

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1723

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport IMG_1722
Looks like a good time! What did y'all have for lunch?

I'm not sure how I feel totally about the airing down thing, at least on sand. I can somewhat understand the need around rocks. A few times over the last year, I drove down on Padre Island National Seashore in the spur of the moment. Never aired down. After the first 5 miles there's a lot of loose sand and it seems pretty deep. I walked through it and my feet went down easy. No problem at all, especially in sand mode.
Sponsored