Picking up a Badlands in a few weeks - need to pick out some accessories....

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Planning on getting the Yakima crossbars. Are there any rooftop baskets/carriers/platforms that can be positioned toward the rear of the vehicle so it doesnt block the moonroof? Can the crossbars be shifted to the front and rear or are they static?

I'll probably add the awning too - but I want to watch the dynamic weight on the roof since I have the moonroof.

Whats the best way to add auxiliary lights? The sport doesnt have any built in aux switches does it?
Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Planning on getting the Yakima crossbars. Are there any rooftop baskets/carriers/platforms that can be positioned toward the rear of the vehicle so it doesnt block the moonroof? Can the crossbars be shifted to the front and rear or are they static?

I'll probably add the awning too - but I want to watch the dynamic weight on the roof since I have the moonroof.

Whats the best way to add auxiliary lights? The sport doesnt have any built in aux switches does it?
I just checked the B&P for the Bronco Sport. I don't think that you can adjust any of the the cargo carriers at all. They seem to be fixed in one position when you put them on the roof (this is just a guess- I could be wrong).

No, the Badlands trim does not offer aux switches like you get in a Raptor or a big Bronco. If you want them that badly, I suggest waiting for the aftermarket to come out with what you're looking for.

OP
OP

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I just checked the B&P for the Bronco Sport. I don't think that you can adjust any of the the cargo carriers at all. They seem to be fixed in one position when you put them on the roof (this is just a guess- I could be wrong).

No, the Badlands trim does not offer aux switches like you get in a Raptor or a big Bronco. If you want them that badly, I suggest waiting for the aftermarket to come out with what you're looking for.

I just can't tell by looking at the side views of the cargo carriers block the sunroof. Are there any overhead shots with a sunroof and cargo carrier installed?

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The dealership that ordered my BL had a Bronco Sport in November for familiarization training and the Ford rep said that he moved the crossbars from the front to the back when he started using the vehicle. These were the Yakima ones with the extended length.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe

I'm also considering a roof rack, but had the same concern as you. Not sure if anyone can confirm that it would block the moonroof or not.