BroncoOBX621

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mine is doing this and it looks awful! I had a silver sharpie marker and touched it up and it looks ok but not a perfect fix. I didn’t have any extra warranties so dealer couldn’t fix mine.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
The silver paint started peeling off the middle console! Anyone else have this problem?? It looks like a chip, but it's the silver stuff peeling right off.
Ford Bronco Sport Peeling silver from the middle console? 20210722_132616

Also, excuse the dirt haha.
Maybe this would work

Carbon Fiber Trim

Last edited:

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Mine is doing this and it looks awful! I had a silver sharpie marker and touched it up and it looks ok but not a perfect fix. I didn’t have any extra warranties so dealer couldn’t fix mine.
What do you mean extra warranties? The 3 year warranty should cover everrything.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
What do you mean extra warranties? The 3 year warranty should cover everrything.
3 year warranty expressly outlines it does not cover cosmetic damage, normal wear parts (lights, wipers, etc), and a few other things.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The silver paint started peeling off the middle console! Anyone else have this problem?? It looks like a chip, but it's the silver stuff peeling right off.
Ford Bronco Sport Peeling silver from the middle console? 20210722_132616

Also, excuse the dirt haha.
Something is rubbing on that center console area. Look at your chrome ring at the bottom it is also wearing out. Do you have a dog or kids that might be around that area? Keys?

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'd ask the dealer, possibly still under the bumper to bumper warranty. Unless of course they try and blame you for it... ugh.

I had a headrest with a gouge in it and they replaced it no questions asked. Who knows.

Reactions: RRD

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd ask the dealer, possibly still under the bumper to bumper warranty. Unless of course they try and blame you for it... ugh.

I had a headrest with a gouge in it and they replaced it no questions asked. Who knows.
It is really in who writes it up and how they word it if Ford will approve or deny the claim. If they use words like "chipped, scratched, notched, etc" it will be denied.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Do you have a dog or kids that might be around that area?
Sounds like a late-night TV infomercial…

"Do your dogs or kids fit in your •current• cupholders? If not, we've got the solution for you!"

Reactions: RRD
OP
OP
tatiasport

tatiasport

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Something is rubbing on that center console area. Look at your chrome ring at the bottom it is also wearing out. Do you have a dog or kids that might be around that area? Keys?
No kids, and no dog in the front seat. It sort of peels off; I could take off more if I could.
Sponsored