Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Alright so I may just be paranoid here but I've noticed several times if say the wife pulls the vehicle into the garage and turns the car off I hear a sort of mechanic "buzz" that lasts about a second and a half. Sort of like a parking brake being engaged. It doesn't show up on the main cluster as being engaged when you go to turn the car on again. Today, she was backing it out and I heard a squeal as if the parking brake was engaged and it seemed to be struggling to back out. I made her stop and check it, nothing indicated it was on, but she pushed the on and then off button with seemingly nothing being wrong, but then the rest of backing out no squeal and no difficulties.
So I guess my questions are A. Has anyone else heard that sound outside the car when it's turned off. B. Is the parking brake automatically engaged to a certain extent. C. Am I just looking for problems and seeing them where none exist?
Sponsored

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Step no.1
CTRL+F Parking Brake, Review page 172

Ford Bronco Sport Parking Brake 1649114638341

Step no.2
Review page 183 "Electric Parking Brake"

Ford Bronco Sport Parking Brake 1649114772825

Step no.3
There is no Step no.3

Ford Bronco Sport Parking Brake 1649115127576

Last edited:
OP
OP
Warpious

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Step no.1
CTRL+F Parking Brake, Review page 172

Ford Bronco Sport Parking Brake 1649114638341

Step no.2
Review page 183 "Electric Parking Brake"

Ford Bronco Sport Parking Brake 1649114772825

Step no.3
There is no Step no.3

Ford Bronco Sport Parking Brake 1649115127576
Thats a good shortcut. I actually read the whole manual...but it was a lot to remember lol

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Alright so I may just be paranoid here but I've noticed several times if say the wife pulls the vehicle into the garage and turns the car off I hear a sort of mechanic "buzz" that lasts about a second and a half. Sort of like a parking brake being engaged. It doesn't show up on the main cluster as being engaged when you go to turn the car on again. Today, she was backing it out and I heard a squeal as if the parking brake was engaged and it seemed to be struggling to back out. I made her stop and check it, nothing indicated it was on, but she pushed the on and then off button with seemingly nothing being wrong, but then the rest of backing out no squeal and no difficulties.
So I guess my questions are A. Has anyone else heard that sound outside the car when it's turned off. B. Is the parking brake automatically engaged to a certain extent. C. Am I just looking for problems and seeing them where none exist?
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
When I drive our BS the parking brake is never applied after I shut it down. Whenever my wire drive it, the parking brake is always applied. Reading the manual pages 172 and 183 does not state how the parking brake automatically applies.

nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
Doing more research, the answer may be that you are not shifting into park before turning off the ignition. I always shift into park when turning off the ignition, but my wife just shuts everything down. Hope this helps.
Sponsored