flaviodowind

Badlands
First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone! My Bronco Sport Wildtrak has the "automatic parking break". The manual says it can turn on automatically if on PARK, when turning off the car. I had some other cars with this feature, so...nothing new. The thing is that is also goes automatically from D/N/R to P when shutting off the car, so...I would expect the automatic parking brake to go always ON when turning off the car, even if on D or N or R or P, as I used to see in my old cars... But, what really happens when shutting off the car is that the "automatic parking break" sometimes goes ON automatically but most of the times it does NOT! I really love this automatic break...here in BRAZIL the dealer says it(automatic brake) should always go on automatically...but is is not like this. Any observations from you guys? I thank you so much in advance and sure I need to apologize for my "bad english"... Appreciate any help and comments...
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I want to say m8ne only comes on when it thinks it needs to qs ive only seen it a few times and it is usually on an incline but i may be wrong.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Unless it is a regional difference, I don't know how the parking brake works automatically.

I wonder if there is some confusion between the PARKING BRAKE and the BRAKE HOLD features. The brake hold is entirely different and does not apply parking brakes with the car off, but does automatically apply brakes when it is on.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
On a side note … bronco sport wildtrak??? Say what???

did some research I guess they sell the badlands trim as a wildtrak trim down in Brazil. Interesting …

atlas46

Base
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
On a side note … bronco sport wildtrak??? Say what???

did some research I guess they sell the badlands trim as a wildtrak trim down in Brazil. Interesting …
Badlands = Wildtrak in Brazil

OP
OP

flaviodowind

Badlands
First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I want to say m8ne only comes on when it thinks it needs to qs ive only seen it a few times and it is usually on an incline but i may be wrong.
Interesting. I will test this. In my case, even in the flat garage sometimes it works, sometimes does not.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Parking break only turns on automatically when you have car in not park and you turn power off.

OP
OP

flaviodowind

Badlands
First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Unless it is a regional difference, I don't know how the parking brake works automatically.

I wonder if there is some confusion between the PARKING BRAKE and the BRAKE HOLD features. The brake hold is entirely different and does not apply parking brakes with the car off, but does automatically apply brakes when it is on.
From what I Know, the only local difference is the language in the sync3…the Wildtrak seems to be the same as badlands, what I believe is the top version. And yes, I mean the automatic parking break, not the auto hold.

OP
OP

flaviodowind

Badlands
First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Parking break only turns on automatically when you have car in not park and you turn power off.
Mine one, not always!! Actually most of the times it does not! But, the manual says it should do it even when in Park..

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Mine one, not always!! Actually most of the times it does not! But, the manual says it should do it even when in Park..
That is different than what my manual says. Mine says that if the car is not in park when you shut it off, and the system detects a roll (wheel moves) then it applies the parking brake for you. There is nothing at all about the brake automatically applying and releasing. In fact, it states that you get a warning message if you try to drive with the brake applied.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I seem to recall mine automatically set when on an incline - kind of surprised me. Just a little while ago I set it and when I went to leave I put it in Drive and pushed the accelerator and after a slight delay it automatically turned off. Now I did "think" I set it, but I was on an incline (which is why I thought to set it) so maybe auto-set begets auto-release. But I definitely did not have to release mine.

OP
OP

flaviodowind

Badlands
First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I seem to recall mine automatically set when on an incline - kind of surprised me. Just a little while ago I set it and when I went to leave I put it in Drive and pushed the accelerator and after a slight delay it automatically turned off. Now I did "think" I set it, but I was on an incline (which is why I thought to set it) so maybe auto-set begets auto-release. But I definitely did not have to release mine.
Yes! To release it always word fine…you just need to have the door closed. In other cars I had, I needed also the safety belt.
but, the automatic parking brake is a misters to me…

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Hi everyone! My Bronco Sport Wildtrak has the "automatic parking break". The manual says it can turn on automatically if on PARK, when turning off the car. I had some other cars with this feature, so...nothing new. The thing is that is also goes automatically from D/N/R to P when shutting off the car, so...I would expect the automatic parking brake to go always ON when turning off the car, even if on D or N or R or P, as I used to see in my old cars... But, what really happens when shutting off the car is that the "automatic parking break" sometimes goes ON automatically but most of the times it does NOT! I really love this automatic break...here in BRAZIL the dealer says it(automatic brake) should always go on automatically...but is is not like this. Any observations from you guys? I thank you so much in advance and sure I need to apologize for my "bad english"... Appreciate any help and comments...

Hi Flavio. I'm writing from Brazil also and realized it too.

Coming from a Compass Trailhawk that as soon as I moved the shift to P, the automatic parking brake engaged. That doesn't happend in the Bronco. I need to switch it on manually. Miss that :/

OP
OP

flaviodowind

Badlands
First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
First electric brake vehicle that does not turn on automatically! Mine only turns on automatically when on a hill. Weird!
Sponsored