Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I see a lot of folks on here putting paint protection film on their Bronco Sport. It seems a lot more common practice here than on the other forums I belong to. Is this primarily because of the off-roading aspect of the vehicle or is the factory paint inferior to other models. Personally, I will not be going off road with my Outer Banks. Would this film still be a good idea?
Sponsored

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
I see a lot of folks on here putting paint protection film on their Bronco Sport. It seems a lot more common practice here than on the other forums I belong to. Is this primarily because of the off-roading aspect of the vehicle or is the factory paint inferior to other models. Personally, I will not be going off road with my Outer Banks. Would this film still be a good idea?
I have read on here that the paint chips very easily but the film is just a personal choice. Some are fine with just a paint pen and others (like myself) prefer some protection for the paint.
This thread also convinced me to add ppf.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/psa-paint-protection-against-paint-chips-urged.7339/

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I live in Colorado and we seem to have rocks all over our roads all year round. Between other cars and the wind, I seem to get hit by stuff frequently. I'd never put PPF on a vehicle before and I spent significant time touching up my previous cars in spots where rocks would hit the grille and hood. Since this is the most I've spent on a vehicle, I did decide to put PPF on the front, 18" on the hood and fenders. It's saved the paint at least 3 times from some pretty large stones. I will say I wish I'd thought to put it on the roof above the windshield as well - that seems to be another place on this car that can take some impacts from random stuff.

Colibri

Big Bend
First Name
Edna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am city driver in San Francisco, so no off roading with the Big Bend, but I did opt to have the PPF. My Big Bend is parked out doors and is exposed to all the elements of heavy fog, seagull/bird droppings and I really want to keep the Hot Pepper Red paint looking as best it can. Not sure what the price is in other parts of the country but it's $500 per panel here.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I put on ppf for the highway miles. My 21 Escape got absolutely beat up in less then a year. The entire front end was peppered with rock chips. I put 32k miles on it on 9 months. I like the BS and plan to keep it for awhile and want to keep it looking good. My Focus RS with the entire front clip protected with ppf is going on 5 years old and 65k miles, looks brand new.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
We did Ceramic coat protection and the PPF on the front end. Mostly for protection from the sun and a few rock chips.
Sponsored