760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve seen a couple of other posts but I took my BS into the dealership today. 7 days after getting it I’ve noticed 3 paint chips all the way down to the bare metal. The 1st one I repaired with a paint pen I bought on eBay. The next 2 are on the front fascia and I don’t want to keep repairing all these chips because you can still see a difference when you repair with the paint .

At this rate I’ll have no paint left by next year...

since it was Sunday they said to bring it back Monday to talk to Service to see what they will do. Kind of disappointing to see so many issues with the paint on my brand new vehicle
Sponsored

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Update: Ford said that it’s normal wear and tear... so after 1 week of ownership 3 paint chips down to the bare metal is considered “normal wear and tear” for their OFF-ROAD vehicles ? whatever...

This time next year my bronco will be 3 tone paint..., black, rapid red, and bare metal silver.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Update: Ford said that it’s normal wear and tear... so after 1 week of ownership 3 paint chips down to the bare metal is considered “normal wear and tear” for their OFF-ROAD vehicles ? whatever...

This time next year my bronco will be 3 tone paint..., black, rapid red, and bare metal silver.
Interesting. What if the vehicle wasn't used off-road?

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Interesting. What if the vehicle wasn't used off-road?
That’s the thing, never had it off road. They said that’s what happens when you drive, rocks kick up, etc... I said you guys act like I’m intentionally following semis down a rocky road.
This is a brand new vehicle. No way should it be chipping down to bare metal. Luckily I know the manager down there so I’m going to go down and ask him what they are going to do for me.

if this is the quality we can expect I’m going to pass on ordering my Bronco Big Bend with the Sasquatch package....

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Not normal for paint to chip down to bare metal on new car. There is another thread in this section same issue where ppl are getting chips down to bare metal. So you are not the only one.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Is there a specific color that is seeing the most of these issues or is it all across the board?

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have rapid red. I’ll post pics when I get home from work.
The Manager I know down there said to bring it in to look it over and we will go from there so I’ll let you guys know the end game.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
If you guys get the paint all fixed up, think about PPF. I believe the chipping to the metal is related to the hardened steel being used in the panels. See Paint already chipped down to metal | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com Also see 2021 Bronco Will be First in World to Use Fortiform 980 GI Grade Steel | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community. I know that I am going to use Paint Protection Film Pre-Cut Kits (xpel.com). Mine will see gravel everyday of it's life. I am also going to use Windshield Protection - Product Info | ExoShield (getexoshield.com), since the wind shield is more plastic than glass. My two year old ridgeline has thousands of little tiny pits in it from bug splats at 60+. I will give the BS BL a chance at looking good for a few years. Warning this stuff isn't cheap.

What's the grill made out of? Plastic or something else?

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I have the same issue on my Area 51 FE.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues F5C121DB-2CA9-441E-8FD1-D1258F5DF150

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 72E436AD-E222-4A61-A7B0-2D305A17FDFE

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 9371863D-BE3F-4558-911C-9792C63003CD

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 3C843A66-196B-4BDA-9465-16E25997D607

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues A7C0FA85-662E-422E-B9F8-BE13CB48C0DE

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues E0049191-70A7-4166-8EB7-D7851DD8A993
Damn...not even in areas where I would expect chips, like the front edges. rocker panels etc. The last one with it under the rear lip of the hood...that has to be more than the steel alloy from ArcelorMittal. The harder the steel the poorer the paint adhesion, but this is more than that. Did the hood flex as in you met a semi under windy conditions? Even that doesn't make sense along and edge like that. Was it there when you got it? The door handle, Paint Protection Film Pre-Cut Kits (xpel.com) may have prevented that one. I am so sorry for you. It would take a full ppf wrap to take care of the hood issues unless you just did the back edge, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I just emailed my PPF and ceramic coating guy with a couple of ThruDark s pics asking if the door handle pocket would have covered the door nick and if ceramic coating would have helped the rear hood lip. I also asked about ceramic coating keeping the swirls out of the black plastic pillar covers.

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just emailed my PPF and ceramic coating guy with a couple of ThruDark s pics asking if the door handle pocket would have covered the door nick and if ceramic coating would have helped the rear hood lip. I also asked about ceramic coating keeping the swirls out of the black plastic pillar covers.
My pillars are already fucked, anyone know a way to get rid of the micro scratches?

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Well I can speak to mine only for sure is aluminum,built February 12 2021.
I am sure they are all aluminum then. It would be to expensive to change over. I asked early( months are on this forum) but nobody responded. Thank you for your answer. I will get mine next month and that will be the first real hands on for me. It still keeps my choice of PPF and Ceramic coating in tact. that choice was based on the information found in this form and I thank all who have posted paint issues.

Reactions: Jrl

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Reactions: Jrl