DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I got an estimate to keep my BS BL + BL looking good in the North Red River Valley rural areas

ACTIVITY AMOUNT

• HFM kit 600
    • Paint Protection Film Installation
    • 18" Hood & Fenders Front Bumper
    • Xpel Ultimate Plus
      • resist staining
      • high gloss level
      • self healing quality
      • maintains a clean look
      • 10 year warranty
  • HFM kit 300
    • All Pillars
    • Xpel Ultimate plus
  • Exoshield 369
    • Windshield protection film
  • Ceramic Coating
    • Xpel Fusion Plus 650
      • hydrophobic finish
      • unmatched gloss
      • 4 year warranty
      • all exterior Paint & Film
    • Xpel Glass 150
      • all exterior Glass
    • Xpel Wheel & Calipers 200
      • exterior wheels
SUBTOTAL 2,269.00

Has anyone else looked into this stuff and how do these prices compare?
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I got an estimate to keep my BS BL + BL looking good in the North Red River Valley rural areas

ACTIVITY AMOUNT

• HFM kit 600
    • 18" Hood & Fenders Front Bumper
    • Xpel Ultimate Plus
      • resist staining
      • high gloss level
      • self healing quality
      • maintains a clean look
      • 10 year warranty
  • HFM kit 300
    • All Pillars
    • Xpel Ultimate plus
  • Exoshield 369
    • Windshield protection film
  • Ceramic Coating
    • Xpel Fusion Plus 650
      • hydrophobic finish
      • unmatched gloss
      • 4 year warranty
      • all exterior Paint & Film
    • Xpel Glass 150
      • all exterior Glass
    • Xpel Wheel & Calipers 200
      • exterior wheels
SUBTOTAL 2,269.00

Has anyone else looked into this stuff and how do these prices compare?

I had my BB ceramic coated last week. I was considering adding paint protection film to the front, fenders and hood. I was quoted $1500 for my Subaru Crosstrek by several shops for the same area.

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
I am currently having some XPEL film work done on my First Edition by a well known shop in Dallas that typically works on very expensive cars. An Audi RS Q8 was just finishing up with a 100% XPEL when I dropped mine off last week. I was told that typical SUV price is around 6k. The Sport has plastic bumpers and very simple panels and can be done for closer to 4k. I elected for a partial XPEL and 100% interior window tint/UV (on windshield and privacy glass) for about 3k. Not cheap but i intend to keep the Bronco long term and after years of watching my nice cars get trashed by road debris from inconsiderate drivers I am considering this a must have. I'll post some pics when i pick it up.

Daniel

OP
OP

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I am currently having some XPEL work done on my First Edition by a well known shop in Dallas that typically works on very expensive cars. An Audi RS Q8 was just finishing up with a 100% XPEL when I dropped mine off last week. I was told that typical SUV price is around 6k. The Sport has plastic bumpers and very simple panels and can be done for closer to 4k. I elected for a partial XPEL and 100% interior window tint/UV (on windshield and privacy glass) for about 3k. Not cheap but i intend to keep the Bronco long term and after years of watching my nice cars get trashed by road debris from inconsiderate drivers I am considering this a must have. I'll post some pics when i pick it up.

Daniel
Thank You

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yikes, that's a ton of money!

Last edited:

raisedbygoats

Base
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have recieved 2 quotes in New Jersey for PPF. Both shops quoted me about 1500-2500 to do the front end; fenders, bumpers and hood.

One shop gave me a generic quote of about 6750 for the whole vehicle in XPEL. The other quoted me about 3800 for the whole vehicle, based on photos he had of a big bend model, using Suntek.

Now I'm talking with a smaller detailer, who has experience with Xpel, and I think im going to do my front end with some other areas(rear fenders, the part above the windshield and possibly the pillars) for about $1500.

Bcohen5055

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m paying 4K here in Orange County for a full PPF wrap and ceramic coating on my badlands. They are using Hexis BodyfenceX

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
At the recommendation of the parts guy at Bickford Ford, Snohomish, I am going with Hoglunds in Everett, WA.

I am going with this.

7mm film, custom cut on their NC machine. (They have BS patterns already). Not using the Ford Accessories kit.

$695 for front hood 20 inches, above bumper, door cup, and door edges
$109 for front lights
$119 for front window tint at 20% (WA legal)

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I have recieved 2 quotes in New Jersey for PPF. Both shops quoted me about 1500-2500 to do the front end; fenders, bumpers and hood.

One shop gave me a generic quote of about 6750 for the whole vehicle in XPEL. The other quoted me about 3800 for the whole vehicle, based on photos he had of a big bend model, using Suntek.

Now I'm talking with a smaller detailer, who has experience with Xpel, and I think im going to do my front end with some other areas(rear fenders, the part above the windshield and possibly the pillars) for about $1500.
What area of NJ and shop names ?

IronMikeGolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, BS OB
I got the WeatherTech PPF kit. I plan on installing it tomorrow, if it's warm enough. If not, I'll take it on our trip to NC and SC later this week and install it "on the road".

I did some reading of installation instructions for other brands of PPF. It was helpful to me to understand the whats and whys of things like "why a spray bottle of alcohol and baby shampoo?"

I intend to take some photos along the way.

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
having my wifes new badlands ceramic coated on Thurs. 8th, will pick it up Sat by a reputable detailer. Thinking of trying to do my 15 VW Golf myself, it has 140K and paint is chipped and swirled already so just looking to make it easier to keep clean

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
A question about ceramic coatings, does it or will it help protect the gloss black on the pillars and roof? I always clay bar, buff out and ceramic coat the paint but was wondering about preventing swirl marks on the shiny black parts...

OP
OP

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
A question about ceramic coatings, does it or will it help protect the gloss black on the pillars and roof? I always clay bar, buff out and ceramic coat the paint but was wondering about preventing swirl marks on the shiny black parts...
I will ask next time a talk with Valley Mars. I personally am putting on Paint Protection Film Pre-Cut Kits (xpel.com) P0574F-U . Then ceramic coating the PPF. I would thing that the application of the ceramic coating by itself will put swirls in the plastic.

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Thanks. Maybe ask him about something like the

Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating.

Spray on and wipe off, not the full ceramic treatment.

thanks again
Sponsored