CLOZA

Big Bend
First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep! I have scratches on the plastic piano trim between the back cargo window and the rear passenger window. They have the part on order but since it's still in production everything is on back order
Can you get the part number for the black piano trim? I have the same issue
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Can you get the part number for the black piano trim? I have the same issue
I can try but the dealership put it on order I had no part in that process.

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda F6B, 2006 Honda CR-V, 2016 Jayco 26AY RV,
Seems to me few people know what a PDI is, any new vehicle I purchase gets a very close inspection bumper to bumper before I leave the Dealer. How could you take delivery of a new vehicle with visible scratches and not see it??

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Seems to me few people know what a PDI is, any new vehicle I purchase gets a very close inspection bumper to bumper before I leave the Dealer. How could you take delivery of a new vehicle with visible scratches and not see it??
So... Are you saying that it was caused by us? Because regardless of whether we saw it when we first see the vehicle or got home doesn't change the fact that it was scratched? Maybe I'm missing your point but it seems like you just wanted to throw in your two cents saying we are negligent somehow.

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So... Are you saying that it was caused by us? Because regardless of whether we saw it when we first see the vehicle or got home doesn't change the fact that it was scratched? Maybe I'm missing your point but it seems like you just wanted to throw in your two cents saying we are negligent somehow.
No, what I am saying is if a PDI inspecteion had found the issues before taking delivery that they would without a doubt be attributed to either the Dealer's mis-handeling or the factory. This would take you out of the equation entirely. There is no way I would accept a damaged vehicle from a dealer without a clear repair solution in writing before I left the lot. In this case there are enough people having the same issue that it is clear it is a dealer or factory (I lean towards the dealers auto-wash) issue, but this is not always the case, and you can save a lot of money and hassle by doing a thorough PDI.

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No, what I am saying is if a PDI inspecteion had found the issues before taking delivery that they would without a doubt be attributed to either the Dealer's mis-handeling or the factory. This would take you out of the equation entirely. There is no way I would accept a damaged vehicle from a dealer without a clear repair solution in writing before I left the lot. In this case there are enough people having the same issue that it is clear it is a dealer or factory (I lean towards the dealers auto-wash) issue, but this is not always the case, and you can save a lot of money and hassle by doing a thorough PDI.
Well it's costing me zero dollars because it's either the dealership or ford's issue. I again don't understand. If it's at the point of being ready to sell then it's already past the point of no return in finding out what happened until there is some investigation into it on ford's part. It's on my due bill there is nothing more I have to do than wait for the part and for them to replace it.

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it's costing me zero dollars because it's either the dealership or ford's issue. I again don't understand. If it's at the point of being ready to sell then it's already past the point of no return in finding out what happened until there is some investigation into it on ford's part. It's on my due bill there is nothing more I have to do than wait for the part and for them to replace it.
In your case with the paint chip you are correct, it may be a prep issue, or the rock was going very fast and hit at just the correct spot to do that damage as it was on a curved area. I was referring more to the scratches people are finding.

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
In your case with the paint chip you are correct, it may be a prep issue, or the rock was going very fast and hit at just the correct spot to do that damage as it was on a curved area. I was referring more to the scratches people are finding.
Oh gotcha, well I have both. I have the scratches on my black piano trim that was found the morning after sale that is now on my due bill for replacement and I'm the one who posted about the chipped paint.

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh gotcha, well I have both. I have the scratches on my black piano trim that was found the morning after sale that is now on my due bill for replacement and I'm the one who posted about the chipped paint.
When I went to take delivery of my last new vehicle I spent 45 minutes with a PDI checklist going over every inch inside and outside with the delivery agent, ended up with a list of 9 issues I wanted fixed before I would accept the vehicle. Took them 4 days to correct them but when I signed for it I was sure it was in perfect condition. I will not pay $40K for a new vehicle with any issues.

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When I went to take delivery of my last new vehicle I spent 45 minutes with a PDI checklist going over every inch inside and outside with the delivery agent, ended up with a list of 9 issues I wanted fixed before I would accept the vehicle. Took them 4 days to correct them but when I signed for it I was sure it was in perfect condition. I will not pay $40K for a new vehicle with any issues.
Well I'm glad you do that for your vehicle and ensure you have nothing wrong. The point that everyone was trying to make was whether it was caused by Ford or the dealership. But when you get yours let us know if doing that 45 minute inspection gets you that answer.

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm glad you do that for your vehicle and ensure you have nothing wrong. The point that everyone was trying to make was whether it was caused by Ford or the dealership. But when you get yours let us know if doing that 45 minute inspection gets you that answer.
It will not, but it will save me time and stress to get it all taken care of up front, without the slightest doubt that it was not caused by me taking the car thru a car wash. Perhaps some people are not detail oriented, but as an aircraft mechanic I am, for obvious reasons. You will never find out who caused it, if it was the dealer he will never admit it, if the factory they will quietly correct the cause and move on.

OP
OP
Steinfeld9

Steinfeld9

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It will not, but it will save me time and stress to get it all taken care of up front, without the slightest doubt that it was not caused by me taking the car thru a car wash. Perhaps some people are not detail oriented, but as an aircraft mechanic I am, for obvious reasons. You will never find out who caused it, if it was the dealer he will never admit it, if the factory they will quietly correct the cause and move on.
But if it gets brought up it either comes down on the dealerships or ford's factories so it can be fixed. (Aircraft mechanic as well)

Overlander

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But if it gets brought up it either comes down on the dealerships or ford's factories so it can be fixed. (Aircraft mechanic as well)
Of course it will be brought up, who would find those scratches and just say "Of well, stuff happens" :) It is just much better to find it at the dealer than to come back a few days later and say 'By the way, there are some scratches'.

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
I took delivery of my sport after fully checking it over, finding the same type of scratches others are reporting and pointing them out to the dealer. Made an appointment that night to bring it back (since they were about to close) so they can to try to buff the scratches out and if that doesn't work they will order replacement parts on their dime. Had no issue with them admitting fault, it had just been delivered the day before and they obviously were not careful when detailing it. Now I get to enjoy my vehicle in the meantime like @Steinfeld9 which I'd rather do than leaving it there and waiting for them to fix it.

Tlmbigos

Base
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 2021
Do you honestly believe there isn’t final quality checks and they are letting vehicles leave the plant with scratches. Most people reporting scratches on the black part purchased off the lot and this was after the protective covers were removed and test driven by other people.

This is not an oversight aid the Hermosillo assembly plant. This was careless handling at the dealership and oversight by the customer that purchased a vehicle that was scratched up.

Now if someone showed up for their order at the same time it was deliver and after the removal of the protective film can prove it was delivered with scratches... I’ve yet to see that.

I recommend you not ask for the dealership to wash your new car. And in the future wash your own car. Do not use drive-thru automated car washes.
T
WIth other people having same issue it is not the dealers fault.
Sponsored