Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
VERY jealous of this setup! Curious about your typical MPG? Guessing you get a little help being at elevation in Denver.
Will be up in Lafayette & Estes Park in September, hope to see you on the trails!
MPG has definitely taken a hit, averaging about 21mpg now but having the extra off road capable tires has been worth it to me ?

Awesome that you’ll be out in Estes Park. Here’s a video from the Poll Hill trail in The area, I’d highly recommend. Maybe I’ll see you on it!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I've been working on some exterior mods to my OB edition to get set up for overlanding out here in CO. Really excited with how things have been turning out so far.

The only minor issue I've faced is with my RC lift. I took it out on a moderate off-roading trail and started noticing a clunking coming from loose sway bar bolts. Was able to take it into my local shop and all seems good now but will be going back out this weekend to see how it holds up. If more issues arise I'm considering switching to @FordBroncoLifts later in the summer.

No issues with anything else and love the more rugged look I've been able to put together. A list of what I've added so far:
  • RC 1.5" lift
  • Alpha Equip grey wheels
  • 245/70/r17 BFG KO2 tires (No rubbing with the lift but it is close)
  • RIGd multi-fit ultraswing with table mount accessory
  • Roofnest Sparrow Adventure root top tent
  • RC bull bar with 4" led lights
  • Crossbars from Yakima
  • Some FE style decals from vortexsigns

Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1975
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1993
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1994
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1996
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_1999
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_2006
Ford Bronco Sport Overlanding in my Bronco Sport OB IMG_2007

Next up on my overlanding set up is determining a storage solution for inside the bronco. Right now I just have a bunch of cheap storage bins so if someone has ideas let me know!
Looks awesome, Chase! Great to see the Bronco Sport in its natural habitat. Let the adventures begin!

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I've been working on some exterior mods to my OB edition to get set up for overlanding out here in CO. Really excited with how things have been turning out so far.

The only minor issue I've faced is with my RC lift. I took it out on a moderate off-roading trail and started noticing a clunking coming from loose sway bar bolts. Was able to take it into my local shop and all seems good now but will be going back out this weekend to see how it holds up. If more issues arise I'm considering switching to @FordBroncoLifts later in the summer.

No issues with anything else and love the more rugged look I've been able to put together. A list of what I've added so far:
  • RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

Next up on my overlanding set up is determining a storage solution for inside the bronco. Right now I just have a bunch of cheap storage bins so if someone has ideas let me know!
You have answered my question about tyre clearance! Woohoo!

vyruz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend, Toyota 86
Have you considered adding a winch now that you have the front push bar? Do you have any metal skid plates or do you just have the synthetic ones still?

ImdaJesus

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

That's gotta be alot of weight and doesn't that trim have the 1.5L? How does it feel with all of the weight and where did you get the rear tire rack?

cespinoz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

Was there any trimming required to fit the tires?

brazilbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak (Badlands in USA)
@Chasepoirier you said rubbing was close, have you really pushed it to full compression and if so did you have issues?

I have a Bad Land which has a factory 1" lift, then thinking about getting an aftermarket 1.5" lift... so trying to figure out if I should go 245/65R17 or 245/70R17.

DC17

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

Love it! May I ask how much did that run you? Total…. I want to do this to mine.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sweet setup. Looks like you're enjoying your efforts.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

• RC 1.5" lift
  • Crossbars from Yakima

I’ve heard retightening RC is a common issue. And some shops will even recommend coming back after a certain miles. The shop I went to said this is because RC uses bolts that are less expensive. He went through a full explanation and said he will put on whatever I wanted and he’s not a sales person but just explained both options I had through him. I ended up with Ready Lift. But the handful of people I’ve seen mention needing retightening have said it was good to go after that. Best of luck! Tire swing is next on my project list, looks great.

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
1. Unfortunately yes it does block the back up camera. The same company that makes the tire swing also sells a camera relocation kit that is compatible with Ford tailgates, not sure if it will work for the Bronco though.

2. I do have a moonroof and the tent weighs 130lbs so I am technically 30lbs over the dynamic weight limit. I haven't found any issues, it's just a matter of being more cautious while making abrupt maneuvers.
Any word on the camera relocating kit for the swing away?

Jocker

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice looking rig. I've slept in the back a few times as well as tent camped, I don't think I'd enjoy going up and down a ladder especially after campground activities (drinking). For me it's much easier to jump in the back or fall into a tent, besides laying in the back is much closer to the bottle opener, lol.
Sponsored