Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
So yesterday I found a puddle of transmission fluid sitting at the top of trans beside the breather tube. So I took it into the dealer and they found that my trans was overfilled at the factory. So they fixed it.
I also found that all 4 tires had dents in the sidewall and were bulging. I only have 4000 miles on my 22 big bend. So back to the dealer I went. They had another used big bend on the lot and it has the same issues and made it past their inspection. So the dealer told me they would contact me with a solution when they figure it out. I was wondering if anyone had similar issues with continental pro contact TX tires. If not you may want to check it could become a huge safety
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff31548

Jeff31548

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco sport
Mark i removed the pictures because I didn’t want to confuse anyone since you can’t see the bulging in the tires very well. Unfortunately this isn’t a byproduct of manufacturing there is sidewall bulging all the way around all 4 tires. The dealer and continental both said they needed to be replaced. Do to safety issues. I contacted continental with the DOT info and they are gonna follow up with there tire plant in Mexico where mine were produced. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issues

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So yesterday I found a puddle of transmission fluid sitting at the top of trans beside the breather tube. So I took it into the dealer and they found that my trans was overfilled at the factory. So they fixed it.
I also found that all 4 tires had dents in the sidewall and were bulging. I only have 4000 miles on my 22 big bend. So back to the dealer I went. They had another used big bend on the lot and it has the same issues and made it past their inspection. So the dealer told me they would contact me with a solution when they figure it out. I was wondering if anyone had similar issues with continental pro contact TX tires. If not you may want to check it could become a huge safety
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

TXBronco1313

Big Bend
First Name
Emile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Had the same issue with my Bronco Sport as well. I noticed few slight dents on the side of the tires when I first picked up the car. The dealer said "it is normal". So far I haven't had any issues with tire pressure so I'm guessing it is normal. Let me know if you'd like me to attach some pics of my tires.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Mark i removed the pictures because I didn’t want to confuse anyone since you can’t see the bulging in the tires very well.
I didn't see the bulges--that would NOT be normal.

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Speaking of things to check at delivery, my tires were well over-filled (40+ psi) at delivery (realized it after leaving the dealer/about a 100 miles later). Just another thing to watch out for that PDIs tend to miss.

Mark Fetting

Big Bend
First Name
Mark Fetting
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport big bend
I'm surprised your dealer didn't tell you there's nothing wrong with the tires. It's a byproduct of construction.
I've replaced all the continental tires on our bronco. The dealer did replace one tire. But wouldn't do anything else. And after multiple flat tires
( eight ) I got sink an tired of thier stores. Nothing worst then getting up and finding flat tires on a vehicle

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
That is a safety issue that should be reported to the National Transportation Safety Board. if enough complaints come in they will force a recall. They need the numbers from the tires when you make the complaint.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Continental and then pirelli are the worst tires I’ve ever used. Also some Goodyears. Any vehicle that comes from the factory with them, I try not to leave the lot until I have some real rubber on them. My last three vehicles I’ve swapped tires before even coming home
Sponsored