Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I was a used car salesman once, the dreaded buy here pay here lot.
Yeah of all my crazy mistakes that job was the most fun.
The secret was to get them inside the car, and make sure the tires were aired down to say,, 25 psi…
For a nice comfy ride:.P
That dealer is fishing, he’s looking to be asked one simple question then he knows he’s got em hooked…
What? The question ? You want to know? It might make ya feel stupid cause most of us have asked it in the past…
You sure you wanna know ?
The major question is,,, drum roll,,,
“How much is my payment gonna be?”
We took weekly payments, we skinned em alive. And they drove out happy every time.
$75 a week is all they needed to hear.
Our interest rate was at the time the max that the law would allow..
Are you sitting down?
Try 21%,,,Cha cha Ching!!
The down payment was often what we bought the car at auction for.
$600
$75 per week
Two to three years
The best part,,,
They needed us. Week 10 or 20 or with only six payments left the engine blows up, No problems !
Pick another car !!!!
“Oh that one, that’s a nicer car than your old one, that ones $80 a week” and three years to pay it off not two. (This nicer car cost us $950 and it’s painted windshield said $899,,,, down. Price was $4995 for a 8 year old sled with only 119,000 miles on the clock !
Look at that sir ! It’s knee deep in rubber and the air blows cold!
What sir ? Oh no nothing down your a good payer, here’s the keys, and we will pick up your old car and no worries about the blown engine. It happens.
Here is the math,,,
My small two employee car lot with say 45 cars out front and five to ten dead sleds out back.
Average weekly payment on most cars was $55 a week. We averaged 125 cars out on the street, 90% were good payers.
We just did body work ourselves. Farmed out all mechanical work and went to auctions to buy and sell, made profit selling there and at public auctions, cha Ching.
That over priced Bronco sport will sell for about half that over MSRP sticker and the sucker, err as you were ,,, the customer will drive out and tell all his dumb axe friends how great of a negotiator he is,,
LoL…
Sponsored

Last edited:

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Saw on a business channel yesterday that used car prices are up 24% this year. It's the new world we live in. Go Brandon, Go!
Brandon, isn't he that old, not to bright sleepy guy. I have 2200 miles on my 6 month old Badlands wonder what it's worth.

Ridn Dirty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSBL
I had to pay $5k over MSRP to get my 2021 Badlands. I had a 2021 order put in, then a 2022 order put in, but still no build date in October. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait any longer for a new vehicle. I found a dealership that was selling the Bronco Sports like hotcakes. They would sell out on the same day they got new models in. Apparently, Ford couldn't build my reserved vehicle, but they are building plenty for some dealers. I looked at other models and even used vehicles and everything had jacked up prices. 2021 and 2022 are not the best times to buy vehicles. If you're struggling to find a Bronco Sport and need one sooner than later, then check out Malloy Ford in Alexandria VA.

Bronqito OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport and C7 corvette
I ordered my OB back in March and just received it last week. Got it from Magie ford at about $2000 below msrp. That was nice but the engine cover was missing which was not nice. Not sure how to get one of those.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I loved negotiating for cars prior to 2020. One I got in Florida I got below invoice and rocked the trade in. Took 4 hours and did it on Christmas Eve just to piss off the salesman and manager. They finally agreed to my deal as long as I never came back. Told them they would make up the $$ off the next guy and that I was moving across country and they were happy.

Got my last Landrover for invoice with all the dealer adds ons free and 0.9% APR. Bought when business was slow.

I was never beholden to a dealership or a specific car (gotta have it)

The 2022 BS will come in $1000 below MSRP. But 2021 is a weird year. Not going to pay above MSRP though. If that was all there was, since I don’t NEED a new car, I would wait till 2024 etc and buy then. The BS just looks fun.

garagelogic

Outer Banks
First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
People with more money than sense are what ruins capitalism. If nobody is willing to pay the over inflated prices then the seller has no choice but to lower their prices or not sell their wares. Your assumption that I am ill-informed is what caused me to “assume” that you were singling out my post and teeing off. The entire forum was simply for those of us that know better than to keep feeding the machine not because we are imbeciles that don’t understand economics. But thanks for the clarification I’m not here to spar. Pretty sure I would get knocked out rather quickly ?
The thing is, the people making those purchases generally do not have the money to spend. The idea that you can /would finance a vehicle for 84 months is ridiculous.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to pay $5k over MSRP to get my 2021 Badlands. I had a 2021 order put in, then a 2022 order put in, but still no build date in October. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait any longer for a new vehicle. I found a dealership that was selling the Bronco Sports like hotcakes. They would sell out on the same day they got new models in. Apparently, Ford couldn't build my reserved vehicle, but they are building plenty for some dealers. I looked at other models and even used vehicles and everything had jacked up prices. 2021 and 2022 are not the best times to buy vehicles. If you're struggling to find a Bronco Sport and need one sooner than later, then check out Malloy Ford in Alexandria VA.
Not a good dealer with 5k mark ups over sticker. They should be horse whipped, tard and feathered and run out of town.
King Ford here in Murphy sells 2,3,4 and even Five a month and NEVER above sticker price.
They have their own, waiting list. If your next in line you get the first call when new ones arrive, simple, fair and no greedy rape the customer Bull Hockey !

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Not a good dealer with 5k mark ups over sticker. They should be horse whipped, tard and feathered and run out of town.
King Ford here in Murphy sells 2,3,4 and even Five a month and NEVER above sticker price.
They have their own, waiting list. If your next in line you get the first call when new ones arrive, simple, fair and no greedy rape the customer Bull Hockey !
Got my BB+BB for $3000 under MSRP, plus the positive equity off from my trade-in. Taxes paid were just a smidge over $400 because my truck fetched $38,000 (I've never had a 5 year old vehicle get me that much, so not paying a shit load of taxes was a shock).

My dealer made a mistake on my final invoice and corrected it after the fact, plus they threw in AT3Ws and tint. There are some good ones left out there!

Ended up ordering a ton of accessories (that are nearly all on backorder) with the extra change I saved, and I didn't even burn through that.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Malloy Ford in Winchester was the only place I have ever screamed about poor service. Hollered through the parking lot and into the service waiting room. Service manager gave up trying to calm me down. Twice they did more damage to my suv while they were fixing it. So beware.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my BB+BB for $3000 under MSRP, plus the positive equity off from my trade-in. Taxes paid were just a smidge over $400 because my truck fetched $38,000 (I've never had a 5 year old vehicle get me that much, so not paying a shit load of taxes was a shock).

My dealer made a mistake on my final invoice and corrected it after the fact, plus they threw in AT3Ws and tint. There are some good ones left out there!

Ended up ordering a ton of accessories (that are nearly all on backorder) with the extra change I saved, and I didn't even burn through that.
I’m confident you understand you got $38K because that dealer knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can make money on your trade in. But hey It sounds like you got treated fairly.
I’d buy from them.

Last edited:

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
I’m confident you understand you got $38K because that dealer knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can make money on your trade in. But hey
Sound like you got treated fairly.
I’d buy from them.
Similarily priced trucks were going for $40-42,000 when I checked. The savings on taxes pretty well pushed it beyond that, so it was worth it when I weighed my options.

I also stripped it of subwoofer, tuner, calibrator, etc. Stuff I can sell or re-use down the line.

Worked out in my favour, thankfully!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Similarily priced trucks were going for $40-42,000 when I checked. The savings on taxes pretty well pushed it beyond that, so it was worth it when I weighed my options.

I also stripped it of subwoofer, tuner, calibrator, etc. Stuff I can sell or re-use down the line.

Worked out in my favour, thankfully!
There is a lady here that traded her one year old bought new Chevy Z-71 4X4 cowboy Cadillac in for $10,000 more than she paid on a new Subaru,,,
The market is crazy right !
Sponsored