Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend!

BroncoNerd

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Saw a Bronco almost identical to mine at a local dealer with a bright orange window sticker saying, Just Reduced! They were asking 43K and dropped it to 40K. Nothing special, just a straight up Iconic Silver BigBend. Just beware out there!
They had also just got a 2-door fullsize Bronco (looked like Sasquatch package)and they were asking over 60K for it. ?‍♂ … Correction, just looks like they just added some BFG K02s and ditch lights to an OuterBanks

Ford Bronco Sport Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend! 0D311C1E-9F89-4468-AA85-4EDE64BC274F

Ford Bronco Sport Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend! 18ED3F1B-7809-424C-BDAD-3B968256B193

Ford Bronco Sport Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend! 8B2B11BF-2C03-4B76-BA97-67D82F2E296E
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Saw a Bronco almost identical to mine at a local dealer with a bright orange window sticker saying, Just Reduced! They were asking 43K and dropped it to 40K. Nothing special, just a straight up Iconic Silver BigBend. Just beware out there!
They had also just got a 2-door fullsize Bronco (looked like Sasquatch package)and they were asking over 60K for it. ?‍♂

View attachment 15914
Ran the VIN. WAAAAAAAy overpriced. Anyone who buys that is an idiot. And the dealer is a ripoff artist.

Ford Bronco Sport Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend! 53BA5D04-1140-4865-94B8-635F9731B0CD

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
for sale and sold are two distinctly different things

Rincon

Badlands
First Name
Laird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Cactus Gray
Lawley in Sierra Vista, horrible dealership with a matching reputation. Not surprised at all. surprising their parts dept is great, I don’t get it.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I guess one strategy in this can be to overprice it so much that it does not sell but a lot of people come in and test drive it and order one from them where they can add on stupid things to MSRP and make profit.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
That sounds about right for around here. Why I was able to see my 21 Taco TRD OR for $5k over what I paid for it. Used cars are a hot item right now.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is local to me. Auto trader says good price. Good price for who?!

Ford Bronco Sport Outrageously Overpriced Used ‘21 BS BigBend! 819BBEDF-7B64-4053-8705-76B2F28BD642

Like all things in a capitalist nation.. supply and demand. Ford literally cannot make them fast enough to sell. Used is in HUGE demand.

I am going to assume you have not read a single newspaper, listened to a single podcast, or spoke to anyone even slightly related to retail. It is not just vehicles.. try to find a GPU anywhere near MSRP IF you can even find one.

Right now is NOT a good time to buy, but it is an excellent time to sell!

OP
OP
BroncoNerd

BroncoNerd

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Like all things in a capitalist nation.. supply and demand. Ford literally cannot make them fast enough to sell. Used is in HUGE demand.

I am going to assume you have not read a single newspaper, listened to a single podcast, or spoke to anyone even slightly related to retail. It is not just vehicles.. try to find a GPU anywhere near MSRP IF you can even find one.

Right now is NOT a good time to buy, but it is an excellent time to sell!
Daaang

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150
Still doesn’t maKe it A good pRicE wheN you can order and patiently wait for an already slightly overpriced vehicle and pay the same price for a better trim. However you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Rage away ?

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still doesn’t maKe it A good pRicE wheN you can order and patiently wait for an already slightly overpriced vehicle and pay the same price for a better trim. However you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Rage away ?
No rage. If it came across that way that was not the intent. Just seems I am doing a lot more explaining to people how capitalism works with supply and demand.

You absolutely can order a Bronco at MSRP thru Ford (Supply), but you cannot instantly get that Bronco (Demand). Those that want things "right now" pay for that luxury right now. To some that price is very good in today's market.

Like I said in another post, I traded my 2020 Taco TRD OR for $5k over what I bought it at and the dealer then sold it for another $5k more then they paid me. It sat on the lot for 3 days only before being sold again.

I agree with you that I, personally, would not pay that much for that Bronco (Or my old Taco either) but some have the money and want it now and they are absolutely willing to pay. Gotta love capitalism ;)

Last edited:

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150
People with more money than sense are what ruins capitalism. If nobody is willing to pay the over inflated prices then the seller has no choice but to lower their prices or not sell their wares. Your assumption that I am ill-informed is what caused me to “assume” that you were singling out my post and teeing off. The entire forum was simply for those of us that know better than to keep feeding the machine not because we are imbeciles that don’t understand economics. But thanks for the clarification I’m not here to spar. Pretty sure I would get knocked out rather quickly ?

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Used prices are out of control. Just for S&G I plugged in my Bronco Sport on KBB that I haven't even got yet. BB, BB package and tow. I listed 1000 miles and excellent condition. $41,932 TRADE IN! That would put retail at $45k+. MSRP is $31,685. Insane.
Sponsored