Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
See what's weird is I am hearing people with the exact same vehicle (color, options, etc.) getting wild delivery times. I get that they probably weren't expecting this load of orders so soon, but they probably could of planned a bit better. Then again none of us is a Ford exec ?
I think that they did....but remember, Mexico was a likely a labor mess with COVID and there is a worldwide delay in automotive computer chips used in all sorts of sensors and computer modules in just about every manufacturer's vehicles. Most of those chips are made in Asia. To manufacture them is a time consuming, multi-step process just to make the chips and the wafer fab production got hit hard with COVID. 2020-2021 has been a year of challenges for many companies...including Ford.
Sponsored

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
Alright. I'm still sort of new here. Tell me what you think the lead time is if I order BL+BL? I do not trust what the dealer says.

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I have been reading all of these forums and still kind of confused.

I ordered an Outer Banks on February 11th. I know it hasn't even been 3 weeks yet, and it's not that I'm being impatient but like DANG. Dealer told me 6-8 weeks (which I had already read some stuff online about delays-So I already had in my mind more like 10-12). I read a lot of posts that people are getting emails from Ford with the confirmation of their order. I never got that, but honestly I don't remember ever giving my email to the dealer and I assume that emails are just going to them. Which is fine -- if they keep me updated. I reached out to my dealer yesterday (Monday March 1st) and asked him if there was ANY update. He said he checked last Thursday (Feb 25th) and there was no update and would check again this Thursday (March 4th). I would assume he can check any day any time, why do I feel like he can only check on Thursday? Are Thursdays typically when build dates get released or something?

Anyone order around February 11th and have a build date already?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
In the past pre-covid and parts/labor shortages, 6 to 8 weeks was about the norm for a new vehicle. Expect 12 to 16 weeks now. See my post a couple of above. I ordered on Feb 15th...my planned build week is May 10th...which is 9-1/2 weeks away.

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
In the past pre-covid and parts/labor shortages, 6 to 8 weeks was about the norm for a new vehicle. Expect 12 to 16 weeks now. See my post a couple of above. I ordered on Feb 15th...my planned build week is May 10th...which is 9-1/2 weeks away.
Thank you! That's all I want is a tentative build week, but can't seem to even get that!

illin20

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Glad I'm not alone here, maybe.

"Ordered" at dealer 1/29 (and put down deposit)
Received Ford email of order acknowledgement 2/19
Nothing further since

Not really sure if my experience is unusual to not have a VIN or build date yet one month in. Not sure if dealer even put in order? BL+BL+Tow and all that good stuff, no CMS.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB

Nothing further since

Not really sure if my experience is unusual to not have a VIN or build date yet one month in. Not sure if dealer even put in order? BL+BL+Tow and all that good stuff, no CMS.
I just called my dealer. Ordered OB/OB with Tow, CMS and 360+ on Jan 9th. Scheduled for build mid April and should be here for mid May. I never received VIN but just find I get better answers from the dealer. They told me 5 months a the the beginning which is pretty much bang on.

illin20

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just called my dealer. Ordered OB/OB with Tow, CMS and 360+ on Jan 9th. Scheduled for build mid April and should be here for mid May. I never received VIN but just find I get better answers from the dealer. They told me 5 months a the the beginning which is pretty much bang on.
How long did it take between ordering and actually hearing your build date? I'd pay for just that right now!

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
How long did it take between ordering and actually hearing your build date? I'd pay for just that right now!
To be honest today was the first I heard. I knew it would be a while so I didn't wanna be a pest....lol
I kinda figured it would be April build anyways from what I read here and from what they told me when I ordered.
If you ordered end of Jan I would assume it'll be an April build as well.

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have been reading all of these forums and still kind of confused.

I ordered an Outer Banks on February 11th. I know it hasn't even been 3 weeks yet, and it's not that I'm being impatient but like DANG. Dealer told me 6-8 weeks (which I had already read some stuff online about delays-So I already had in my mind more like 10-12). I read a lot of posts that people are getting emails from Ford with the confirmation of their order. I never got that, but honestly I don't remember ever giving my email to the dealer and I assume that emails are just going to them. Which is fine -- if they keep me updated. I reached out to my dealer yesterday (Monday March 1st) and asked him if there was ANY update. He said he checked last Thursday (Feb 25th) and there was no update and would check again this Thursday (March 4th). I would assume he can check any day any time, why do I feel like he can only check on Thursday? Are Thursdays typically when build dates get released or something?

I ordered a BL + BL on 2/11. I got my production date (5/10) update 2/18.

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I ordered BL + BL + tow + steelies + 360 assist on Feb 9. Received email from Ford on Feb 10 Confirming order. Received email From Ford on Feb 18 notifying build week of May 10. Received e-mail on Feb 22 moving build week up to May 3 and I received VIN. So 13 days to get VIN from order date. Not sure how long it takes from build week of May 3 to get delivery in Denver. Assuming 3 weeks delivery (May 24) that would make it 3 1/2 months from order date to delivery. I’ll keep my fingers crossed ?

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I ordered a Catus Gray BL, BL package, Steelies, Tow, Cargo Management, floor liners, cargo mat, splash guards.

Ordered: 02-03-21
Vin received from Dealer: 02-24-21 (3 weeks)
Build date: 05-17-21 (14.7 weeks)
Delivery: ???

No window sticker shows up in tracker yet.
Never got any emails from Ford.

when in the process did a window sticker show up for those of you that already have one?

Last edited:

Mountain Goat

Badlands
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Escape, 1975 Bronco, 1963 Galaxie 500
We ordered our Cactus Gray Badlands with the Badlands package on February 4th and the dealer told us it would be 8-10 weeks for delivery. Then on February 18th we received an e-mail from the dealer containing an e-mail from Ford stating that our build will begin May 17th. We are hoping that this time frame holds true.

illin20

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Nothing further since

Still nothing. Dealer says they have no updates. Called Ford Marketing and they didn't have any info at all. Either worst luck or I'm getting screwed. All I want is to write a big check to someone and finding it so difficult...
Sponsored