Options / Lack of Options on First Edition

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
Ford ought to open up a few more options on the First Edition. I understand it's loaded, but there are other trims that have certain specific options that could easily be made available to purchasers of the FE. It doesn't make sense to have less options in a few certain areas while paying a premium. I get that they want to make the FE distinguishable from the others, but they have done that with some of the markings(Bronco badge, stripes, FE nameplate, etc.), We ought to have a few specific options added in. On the interior - The Navy Pier might be outstanding, but hard to tell with the pictures that I have seen. They are all different shades in the pictures. We should have another option or 2 that match every paint color on the FE. On the exterior - we need an extra option on roof color. Badlands has the Gray option.. FE only listed black in the build tool. The gray would tie in so nice with the carbonized gray grill. Happy to have my reservation and order in, but will continue to consider other paths based on what, if any, options are added to the FE.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
This is the main reason I have decided to wait until late 2021 to buy as a 2022 model. Usually car makers listen to the feedback regarding options/features a lot in the 1st year especially and get all the mechanical kinks worked out by 2nd model year.
I have some hopes for all trims getting more options and/or certain options in some trims becoming standard. This almost always happens. I also don't want to pay extra for Alto Blue color, which I hope won't be an "extra cost" color after the 1st year.
I am pretty happy with current Badlands+BL package, BUT i would like some more options available on it, for example the wiper de-icer: only in OB and FE right now.... can't get it with BL+BL. I also hope the bigger AT tire option on the BL would be a no cost in the 2nd year.

Until then my used 2010 AWD Escape Limited should be ok as a soft roader; the B-Sport, to me, is a more off road ready, more refined, more modern and better looking 2nd gen Escape, without losing the good things I like about except for the tow capacity....

OP
OP
MDCDOC

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
Yep. Hope Ford is listening and provides some basic customization on FE. Might have to wait a year as well If they don’t or check other paths. Really like this sport though. We’ll see.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Well, to be fair, we are still in the middle of a pandemic. Having a good handle on the supply chain and production must be a nightmare for them (and for any manufacturer...)
Sponsored