Opportunity lost

Last toy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford could have avoided all this negative talk from the abandoned June builds by taking an unused building and setting up a makeshift line processing a few June builds a day. Showing an effert. Criticism would be redirected to covid. They could take it one step further by turning things around and giving them something special for there desert wait. ( Scorpion ? addition name plate, Scorpion cat back exhaust ,etc. Heck people would be fighting to have a June build.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford does have a "Customer Satisfaction Program" for the big Broncos. Letters sent to waiting customers, free bronco stickers/posters, free hammocks, price protection for those getting pushed to '22 etc. So they make some effort on that model line for that debacle going on over there.

For their other model lines like Bronco Sport and F150 zero effort customer last policies. Ford can clearly get the parts to complete the June units given July and Aug units are being built/shipped. Ford does not care about the customers with the abandoned June units. They are not going to do anything about it either.

Ford Bronco Sport Opportunity  lost Lot Rot

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford could have avoided all this negative talk from the abandoned June builds by taking an unused building and setting up a makeshift line processing a few June builds a day. Showing an effert. Criticism would be redirected to covid. They could take it one step further by turning things around and giving them something special for there desert wait. ( Scorpion ? addition name plate, Scorpion cat back exhaust ,etc. Heck people would be fighting to have a June build.
Ford will have fights over those getting built and abandoned. People will be five deep waiting paying over MSRP. Bad timing for those in desert limbo. But folks bailing on sports is an opportunity for someone else. That's the car business. They don't owe any consumer a thing until cash is on the table. This year exemplifies this. Every manufacturer is doing the same.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford will have fights over those getting built and abandoned. People will be five deep waiting paying over MSRP. Bad timing for those in desert limbo. But folks bailing on sports is an opportunity for someone else. That's the car business. They don't owe any consumer a thing until cash is on the table. This year exemplifies this. Every manufacturer is doing the same.
Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Don’t hate the player, hate the game.
I sincerely empathize with people waiting on a build. Since April probably sooner it's been clear broncos were facing a difficult process due to chip issues. By June it was clear many were being parked and waiting on chips. Through that process many have found built broncos on lots, tons of orders left out of frustrations.
The process has been inexplicably dodgy and some are left with a bad taste in their mouth over it, and undeniably Ford could have managed it publicly a little better, but as we see all companies are facing similar supply issues and reduced stock and inventory. I guess anyone this upset why would you want something from Ford? When did we become so soft that everyone expects some little appreciation for a purchase? When I finish my trip to Krogers I don't get a smack on the ass ..I get a receipt and my food. I can go to Meijer, or other stores. Sometimes I do. I know some of it is consumers want the beef with beef package and must have the lux goatskin leather shifter knob with pearlized window tips or nothing ... Well...you may need to compromise. Some think hey I bought a base level bronco and it should come with all the goat modes, big tires, 2.0 engine, and specialized special stuff. Life...is...difficult. might be time to reassess. Enjoy the ride, I made choices and I put in the work to get what I wanted...I made some sacrifices and took risks. The dealer I ordered from was left with my order...his reply hey man that's the auto business...we will sell it, no hard feelings. Sorry...rant end.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
So it's been clear that they would have production issues? Clear to whom? Certainly not the Ford employee that could have told us that little tidbit. Certainly not my sales man that promised 8-12 weeks. Not the computer program that emailed me that I would receive my Bronco Sport soon.

In fact Ford did the opposite and gave us schedules showing the when our vehicles would be built.

So Ford knew, and lied.

Ford could have easily said when they knew that there would be delays of several months, but did not.

Ford is the only party to blame, it is just deflecting to blame suppliers for Fords lack of planning, and outsourcing manufacturing overseas. Ford did not secure their supply lines, Ford picked the suppliers they would use and Ford blames the customers for their expectations when Ford can't deliver as promised.

It's not our fault, and our expectations were set by Ford. They failed to meet those expectations and Ford continues to do nothing to make that any better.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Honestly, if I was as upset as people on this thread appear to be, I would bail on my order because I would never enjoy the ride and get PO’d at every little issue. Life’s too short. I’d move on to something that brings enjoyment rather than get angry. BTW, if you walk away with your $$$ in your pocket it is one less BS Ford will sell. It may not matter to Ford or their shareholders, but you are making the decision what to purchase.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, if I was as upset as people on this thread appear to be, I would bail on my order because I would never enjoy the ride and get PO’d at every little issue. Life’s too short. I’d move on to something that brings enjoyment rather than get angry. BTW, if you walk away with your $$$ in your pocket it is one less BS Ford will sell. It may not matter to Ford or their shareholders, but you are making the decision what to purchase.
Good advice that is why I canceled mine. As far as "upset" goes the posts I see on this forum are very tame and mild compared to the Ford bashing that goes on in the F150 and bronco6g forums. Over there it is a lot of four letter words and all out hatred insults and non stop Ford bashing. So unless you been reading over on those forums you have not seen "upset".....

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
When did we become so soft that everyone expects some little appreciation for a purchase? When I finish my trip to Krogers I don't get a smack on the ass ..I get a receipt and my food.
The trend over the last several years is consumers demand and expect a good customer experience. Companies that fail to deliver that will loose business to companies that can. To be competitive in today's world it takes much more then a good product to attract and retain customers. Those demands and expectations will continue to grow and companies are going to be forced to adapt or lose market share.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So it's been clear that they would have production issues? Clear to whom? Certainly not the Ford employee that could have told us that little tidbit. Certainly not my sales man that promised 8-12 weeks. Not the computer program that emailed me that I would receive my Bronco Sport soon.

In fact Ford did the opposite and gave us schedules showing the when our vehicles would be built.

So Ford knew, and lied.

Ford could have easily said when they knew that there would be delays of several months, but did not.

Ford is the only party to blame, it is just deflecting to blame suppliers for Fords lack of planning, and outsourcing manufacturing overseas. Ford did not secure their supply lines, Ford picked the suppliers they would use and Ford blames the customers for their expectations when Ford can't deliver as promised.

It's not our fault, and our expectations were set by Ford. They failed to meet those expectations and Ford continues to do nothing to make that any better.
So the response you are going to get on this forum is:

1) Its not Ford's fault
2) Go buy a Jeep, Toyota, Suburu, Honda ect.
3) Go search for an already built incoming unit
4) Go to some other Forum and leave us alone we don't like the complaining

OP
OP

Last toy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So the response you are going to get on this forum is:

1) Its not Ford's fault
2) Go buy a Jeep, Toyota, Suburu, Honda ect.
3) Go search for an already built incoming unit
4) Go to some other Forum and leave us alone we don't like the complaining

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The sad story of the the Abandoned Lot Rot should be a caution to all current and future Ford owners.

If we have been and continue to be treated this way before Ford has our money, how do you think Ford will treat the customers that paid? I'm sure the easy and inexpensive things will get resolved, but what about when the going gets tough and/or expensive?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Well, the problem with chip shortage isn't so much COVID as every single car maker making the same mistake.
I forget which analyst pointed this out, but what happened was this: demand for cars fell sharply as COVID got going. Ford, and everyone else, saw a recession on the horizon which would keep demand down. They figured they wouldn't need the chips so they cancelled orders for them. Demand for chips didn't die though as the demand for consumer electronics went through the roof so chip makers pivoted and sold there. The recession didn't materialize (a lot of public money was spend keeping people out of bankruptcy) and demand for cars didn't tank. In fact, the opposite happened. Now we have car companies with a shortage of critical parts because they have been sold elsewhere JUST as COVID becomes a bigger pain in the ass and is whacking countries where the chips are made even harder.
We just bought a new Prius. Thankfully, it was one on the lot or we would likely have been SOL. Toyota is having the same problem as Ford for the exact same reason. They messed up and guessed wrong. No one is willing to sit on inventory of parts they may not need. Just in time inventory is awesome when supply chains work and you guess right. Guess wrong in a time of global economic crisis? You are toast. At least Ford built as much as they could and didn't lay everyone off which they could have.
And if you think this is bad, look at the bicycle industry. Shortage there is far far worse than for automobiles. Shimano cannot make parts fast enough, COVID shut downs hit them hard, and the global demand for bicycles (seen by many as a way to get around, avoid buses, get legal exercise and out of the house under lockdowns) has gone through the roof with no sign of really dropping. Shimano matters because almost all "low end consumer" bicycles have their parts and so does the majority of high end and mid level bikes.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
The sad story of the the Abandoned Lot Rot should be a caution to all current and future Ford owners.

If we have been and continue to be treated this way before Ford has our money, how do you think Ford will treat the customers that paid? I'm sure the easy and inexpensive things will get resolved, but what about when the going gets tough and/or expensive?
You, like me, bought a car from a company that brought us the Pinto and its ensuing scandal and have to ask that question?

OP
OP

Last toy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My point on this thread might have been miss understood. I'm not criticizing Ford for parts shortage. That's global, industry wide. Just check your local grocery store. It's communication they lack in lost opportunity. I have a big bronco on reserve and have gotten numerous emails describing hard top issues and that they won't build anymore hardtop till the (existing) broncos are refitted. I'm all for that and will wait âś‹ till 2022-23. Way to go Ford for stepping up. Obviously another division is handling Sport communications. April order/June builds were pushed through lacking parts to keep production lines moving and not paying line workers to do nothing. Those vehicles were stored outside. Good marketing. As parts became available line was kept moving by completing July/August builds and shipped. Shouldn't we expect an email or something saying we can or can't start bringing (some) June builds through and completing them. We would understand. Opportunity lost
Sponsored