DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
I am currently putting together a list of tools and accessories that I intend to keep in a convenient carry-case/bag for when i leave the immediate vicinity of home for single day or overnight adventures.

So far I am including things like a small bottle-jack, tire plug kit, portable air compressor etc. , but wanted to get some feedback and suggestions from people that have been down this road before.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S. I am also curious to hear/see if anyone has figured out a clever way to hide this type of stuff in the rear cargo area since Ford didn't give us a built in privacy screen.
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
What's the kit for? Offroading or just general emergencies? If it's an offroading kit you'll want some basics:

Air Compressor - I liked how compact this this is.
Shovel
Tire plug kit
first aid kit

Those three will get you out of most trouble. Here's some other stuff I carry:

LOFTEK Portable Car Battery Jump Starter - This works great
Staun Automatic Tire Deflators - kinda fiddly to set up but is really nice to have if you air down a lot.
AUTOSOCK
Recovery Traction Tracks
ARB Snatch Strap
Shackle Hitch Receiver
Kohree Synthetic Soft Shackle

There's a ton of variety in what people carry offroading. It's going to depend on what you're doing and who you're going with. I just have it all in a plastic tote from Target.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I am currently putting together a list of tools and accessories that I intend to keep in a convenient carry-case/bag for when i leave the immediate vicinity of home for single day or overnight adventures.

So far I am including things like a small bottle-jack, tire plug kit, portable air compressor etc. , but wanted to get some feedback and suggestions from people that have been down this road before.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S. I am also curious to hear/see if anyone has figured out a clever way to hide this type of stuff in the rear cargo area since Ford didn't give us a built in privacy screen.
Small bottle jack is not good enough. With a big bend I needed one that opens 18” just to have a 1/4” gap under my tire to remove it . With a Bad Lands or first addition you might need something bigger . Unless there is a way to lock the suspension that I don’t know about to keep it from dropping the wheel as you jack up the vehicle.

OP
OP

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
FUSES...Great reminder, i completely forgot about those.

Justin,
I intend to use the Bronco Sport much like Ford advertised it. As transportation to my adventure destination but not necessarily to be the adventure. With that said, i will take it on non maintained roads in south west Texas; Big Bend, Devil's River State Natural Area etc. So i do want to be prepared to be self sufficient in case of an emergency out in the middle of the desert. Those are some great recommendations. I have a recovery strap but never would have thought of the shackles and other odds and ends to make it a functional system.

Please keep the ideas coming.

Mordechai,
Thanks for the heads-up on the bottle jacks, I was waiting to pull the trigger on one until i could verify the lift height needed.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I removed the styrofoam trays around my temp spare tire. I got a tool roll, a basic one, and a small soft army surplus bag with fix it stuff. I stuffed a snatch rope under the tire.
Still need a good lug wrench and ONE piece lug nuts !
All you really need for a first aid kit is some neosporin a few gauze pads and a roll of electrical tape.
With a few rags nothing rattles..
Again, the first thing is to remove the packing from around the spare as IMHO those trays are quite useless and the tire supports the deck just fine.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
A 12”x12” piece of 3/4” plywood to go under your jack and an appropriate sized socket with breaker bar for lugs.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
autosock...I'm skeptical

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Old thread, but I use a tool roll (canvas that I've had forever) - fits very nicely in foam cutout.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
These aren't tools but I keep a raincoat and a safety vest incase I need to change a tire at night. Got completely soaked running from my bronco to the building at work during a heavy rain storm last summer, had to do the first part of my shift cold and wet.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
Air Compressor - I liked how compact this this is.
I cannot recommend that DeWalt Inflator enough. I love that its good for tires and inflation of mattresses and such. But more importantly, the fact that it has a cord for the vehicle power port and an option for a battery. Useful redundancy - if the battery of the unit is dead, you got the car for power; if the car is dead or the power port is shorted out, you got the unit battery (but i suppose a flat tire is pretty much null if your car battery is dead lol).

Also, the 5AH DeWalt XR Max fits perfectly in the battery space. I think any larger and the battery would be the resting point of the unit.

MySoupIsTooHot

Outer Banks
First Name
Hilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport HPR
Old thread, but I use a tool roll (canvas that I've had forever) - fits very nicely in foam cutout.
i wish the sport came with the same loops that are behind the driver/passenger seat in the cargo space, instead of that rubber mat thing. The rubber is nice and all, but it would neat if you could hang your tools on there as though it were a tool belt for easy access.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
i wish the sport came with the same loops that are behind the driver/passenger seat in the cargo space, instead of that rubber mat thing. The rubber is nice and all, but it would neat if you could hang your tools on there as though it were a tool belt for easy access.
https://builtrightind.com/en-ca/products/velcro-tech-panel-seat-back-kit-ford-bronco-sport-2021
Someone on here in a thread used this. It doesn’t come that way, but with aftermarket it is possible.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Or unsnap one of the panels and velcro one of Biltrite's molle panels in place. They're fantastic - have at least one in every vehicle.
Sponsored