Bronco III

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 OB, so it’s the 1.5. At 7,500 mi. I had my oil serviced at my dealer’s Quick Lane. At about 11,000, I happened to look under the hood and noticed the coolant level was below min. I then checked my oil and none would show on the dipstick. I called the dealer and they said to take it back to Quick Lane to have them replenish. Since they couldn’t determine how much oil it needed, they just did a new oil service, topped off the coolant and told me to take it to the service department to make an appointment so they can check these things out, which is scheduled.

My question is, has anybody here had a problem with oil loss? No drips under the car, mess under the hood, smoking, engine noise, smell, nothing.
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
On the 22 1.5L engines, some had the 5.3 quart capacity pan and some had the 6.6 quart capacity pan. Do you know which you have? I believe there is a build date when they started getting the 6.6 quart pan. If you do have the 6.6, the owners manual usually has an insert card with the changed capacity on it. Cheers!

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
There should also be an insert in The owners manual. Or it may be listed in the capacity section. My 22 had the insert saying 6.6. Build date 9/13/22

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too optimistic! ;) I trust no one! They should know, but I told the service advisor when I brought it in that I have the 6.6 pan. I also checked the invoice and they charged me for 7 quarts (and I checked the dipstick level). Cheers!

OP
OP
Bronco III

Bronco III

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
On the 22 1.5L engines, some had the 5.3 quart capacity pan and some had the 6.6 quart capacity pan. Do you know which you have? I believe there is a build date when they started getting the 6.6 quart pan. If you do have the 6.6, the owners manual usually has an insert card with the changed capacity on it. Cheers!
Never noticed anything about the different capacities but I will look into this, thanks! Not sure if the build date but I took delivery on 4/3/22.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Owner's Manual Insert says 6.6 quarts for vehicles built from 10/21. I will say that there a few posts from folks whose BS were built past that date that mentioned they had the 5.3 quart metal pan (the 6.6 is composite plastic). Cheers!

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What is this “owner manual “ of which you speak?
Didn’t get one.
And I DO NOT trust the service oil change people after my no oil oil change in my Escape. Yes they admitted f’ing up and replaced a 125,000 motor with new every thing. And gratis rental.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Shouldn't the dealer be checking the oil level after adding? Or know how much oil it takes being the dealer and all?
Ya think? Fortunately for OP, I think cars with the 6.5 qt sump will be very tolerant of low oil level since early versions of the engine had a 5.7 qt sump.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I just had my BSBB oil changed a couple of weeks ago and while driving home I checked to see if the oil monitor had been reset. It hadn't. That brought a small concern to me so when I got home I checked the level and, lo and behold, there was only a dab on the very bottom (the nub). I called the Quick Lane advisor and he said they have bulk oil fillers and they measure as close to, in my case 5 qts, as possible. He said the .3 qt is not enough to be concerned about. I was a bit wary of this statement so I went to the parts dept and bought a qt of 5-20 motorcraft synthetic blend and poured about a half qt in. Measured just under the max hole on the dip stick. This was the first time I had questioned the service at my dealership. Needless to say, it will become a habit from here on out.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
What is this “owner manual “ of which you speak?
Didn’t get one.
And I DO NOT trust the service oil change people after my no oil oil change in my Escape. Yes they admitted f’ing up and replaced a 125,000 motor with new every thing. And gratis rental.
all owners manuals are available at ford.com

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
all owners manuals are available at ford.com
Don't know how old your BS is, but I'd consider going back to the purchasing dealership and asking for it. My sales person presented it to us at delivery.
As Seoden88 stated, they are available as a downloadable pdf version. And they are free. I have both the paper copy and the pdf.
I'll assume you do not read through a new vehicles owners manual when you buy to familiarize yourself with the features when you are home, as you would have quickly realized you did not get one upon purchase. Maybe you bought it used, and the previous owner kept it.

Last edited:

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Bought new 2021. My sales guy went through tons of stuff. Just not everything I guess. Probably spent hour and a half trying to get this feeble mind to comprehend.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Reading your owner's manual has gone the way of 3000 mile/3 month oil changes. Too easy just to ask facebook or a forum than to do a little reading on your own.......:crackup:
Isn't there an app for that?
Sponsored