DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
Our BS has 4800 miles on the clock & I sent a sample to Black Stone for analyses . No gas smell in my Oil .
I just requested a test sample kit from Black Stone, and am very interested to see how this goes.

Anecdotal story from my stinky oil change on Saturday...

I always wear gloves, at least since I got tired of having dirty fingers/nails for weeks on end, and managed to stay oil free UNTIL i removed the filter. Which resulted in a minor gush down my forearm. Lesson learned. After wiping most of the oil off I went inside to rinse the remainder before it worked its way under my glove. My girlfriend commented on how badly I smelled. After rinsing off I poured myself a nice dark barrel aged beer to enjoy before I finished buttoning up the oil change. We had completed most of our chores already, including an early morning bike ride and the Bronco was safely parked on a flat surface under the carport. I took 2 sips and couldn't taste anything because the gasoline smell was so overwhelming. Beer in glass went straight into the fridge until after my shower.

Daniel
Sponsored

Deleted member 6568

Gas smell. Direct injection engine. Use the best oil you can. I use Mobil 1 ep. It can handle it. I’ve had three new Fords since 2016. My 2.0 ‘16 Escape titanium NEVER smelled of Gas. I did all the maintenance for 56,000 miles. Absolutely trouble free vehicle. 2021 Ranger XLT 4X4, strong gas smell at first oil change. None at subsequent oil changes… going to change BS AT 3000. AND FYI, Fords ALWAYS COME WITH A SMALLER FOMOCO OIL FILTER FROM THE FACTORY. The 910s is still the correct filter. I get them at Walmart for $3.97.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Thanks for the info, where is located the oil filter? Any danger close to the ground? Is the larger filter more exposed?
So out of curiosity, will using the larger filter bump us into the 7 quart oil fill instead of the 6.6 quarts we have now?
Sponsored