Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Picked up an OBX a few days ago. Put black decals on the front logo today but I think I’m going to replace the white letters with black. Not digging the white outline.

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread B3C0EBAD-24A3-4B2D-ACA4-79655514D15D
Welcome

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm curious if any of you with the shadow black have applied any vinyl decals to change the look? I may be in the minority on this, but I'm just not a huge fan of the "murdered" look.

My theory on black vehicles is, the black paint tends to make them look a little more sporty when the lines and curves on the body panels need to be de-emphasized a little bit to achieve it. So it's my first choice for some vehicles.

On the Bronco Sport, I really like the contrast you get between the black trim around the windows and one of their other paint colors. So all black isn't really my first choice for these. Nonetheless, it's what I wound up getting for my Badlands since it's the only one that was available on the lot. And I do like it .... but I'm thinking either red or white vinyl stripes down both sides and maybe a hood decal will get me to where I'm no longer wishing I'd held out for one in Cactus Grey or even white.

I'd just like to see one where it's been done first!

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm curious if any of you with the shadow black have applied any vinyl decals to change the look? I may be in the minority on this, but I'm just not a huge fan of the "murdered" look.

My theory on black vehicles is, the black paint tends to make them look a little more sporty when the lines and curves on the body panels need to be de-emphasized a little bit to achieve it. So it's my first choice for some vehicles.

On the Bronco Sport, I really like the contrast you get between the black trim around the windows and one of their other paint colors. So all black isn't really my first choice for these. Nonetheless, it's what I wound up getting for my Badlands since it's the only one that was available on the lot. And I do like it .... but I'm thinking either red or white vinyl stripes down both sides and maybe a hood decal will get me to where I'm no longer wishing I'd held out for one in Cactus Grey or even white.

I'd just like to see one where it's been done first!
Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 4CFBEF37-6B23-4F01-BB0C-FFC4EA956888
Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 5F77A0AD-4CC3-4AD6-9D17-F4FD21D03218

Taillight and side marker overlays. Debadge “SPORT”. Kept Bronco in white. OBX debadge (part of Bronco 2 rebadge that failed). This I believe is as “Blacked Out” “Murdered out” as I think I will go.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 4CFBEF37-6B23-4F01-BB0C-FFC4EA956888
Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 5F77A0AD-4CC3-4AD6-9D17-F4FD21D03218

Taillight and side marker overlays. Debadge “SPORT”. Kept Bronco in white. OBX debadge (part of Bronco 2 rebadge that failed). This I believe is as “Blacked Out” “Murdered out” as I think I will go.
The Bronco II rebadge failed?

Reactions: Jrl

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Bronco II rebadge failed?
Yeah. I guess I wasn’t completely aware of the curvature of the fender in relation to how I placed. There was a piece on each side that the adhesive kept coming up from. Went for a test ride to the store when we had 30mph winds and I could see it was going to be an issue. So I removed them to prevent from losing them. I need to go back to drawing board for now.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah. I guess I wasn’t completely aware of the curvature of the fender in relation to how I placed. There was a piece on each side that the adhesive kept coming up from. Went for a test ride to the store when we had 30mph winds and I could see it was going to be an issue. So I removed them to prevent from losing them. I need to go back to drawing board for now.
Thanks for the review. The idea looked so solid I was going to order a set. Even if I just used 1 & put it on the back right side where people put badges to balance out the blue oval. Maybe that’s exactly what I’ll do.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the review. The idea looked so solid I was going to order a set. Even if I just used 1 & put it on the back right side where people put badges to balance out the blue oval. Maybe that’s exactly what I’ll do.
Yeah I think the rear would be a great spot. Also I believe if had placed a little lower the fender has a more flat nature. But removing them one broke, otherwise I probably would have tried to reset them. I still like the idea of Bronco 2 throwbacks. Will most likely find a spare tire cover with Bronco 2 logo when I mount spare tire on rear hitch. Hope to see how yours turns out

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah I think the rear would be a great spot. Also I believe if had placed a little lower the fender has a more flat nature. But removing them one broke, otherwise I probably would have tried to reset them. I still like the idea of Bronco 2 throwbacks. Will most likely find a spare tire cover with Bronco 2 logo when I mount spare tire on rear hitch. Hope to see how yours turns out
Now that sounds like an awesome spare tire cover to use, love the idea! & yes, if I go through with it, I’ll certainly post pics.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
This is the Shadow Black Miami Special. Black color was not what I initially was going to get but it's what I ended up with. I embraced the black scheme and cleaned it up a little. I removed the "Sport" letters on the hatch, blacked out the Ford badge, put black vinyl on top of the Bronco letters front and back and removed the OB badges on the sides. I also had the front windows tinted to 20%, same as the rest and put a tinted brow on the windshield. Now it looks like a true Miami SUV that most likely will never see a dirt road or snow. I also built a custom exhaust with dual resonators and dual black ceramic exhaust tips. A fun project, I put lots of other mods and upgrades throughout. Thanks to this forum new ideas keep coming from fellow BS owners. Now waiting for that next idea so keep the thread going!
Update: Since I made this post I changed out all the lugnuts and installed McGard Black Chtome lugnuts. I also added 4 black valve stem caps with the Bronco logo on the top.
Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220324_191651

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220324_191559

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220313_104350

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220304_154459

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220304_154750

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220304_154937

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220304_154816

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220304_154411

Ford Bronco Sport Official SHADOW BLACK Bronco Sport Thread 20220430_114826

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
You should put a video up of the exhaust. Curious to how it sounds inside and out

Reactions: Jrl

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
This is the Shadow Black Miami Special. Black color was not what I initially was going to get but it's what I ended up with. I embraced the black scheme and cleaned it up a little. I removed the "Sport" letters on the hatch, blacked out the Ford badge, put black vinyl on top of the Bronco letters front and back and removed the OB badges on the sides. I also had the front windows tinted to 20%, same as the rest and put a tinted brow on the windshield. Now it looks like a true Miami SUV that most likely will never see a dirt road or snow. I also built a custom exhaust with dual resonators and dual black ceramic exhaust tips. A fun project, I put lots of other mods and upgrades throughout. Thanks to this forum new ideas keep coming from fellow BS owners. Now waiting for that next idea so keep the thread going!

Welcome, if you don’t mind I would like to know what cargo bag is that with the different elevations???

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
You should put a video up of the exhaust. Curious to how it sounds inside and out
I tried recording using my phone. The recording doesn't come close to the actual sound. The sound is deep, smooth, with no drone. Inside it is noticeable but very easy on the ears, don't have to turn the tunes up at all. I have to say it sounds awesome and I'm an old school V8 guy. Never expected it to sound good and sets it apart now from other BSs.

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I spotted it at Walmart, it does what I need it to do. Nice thing is has straps where u can carry the whole thing into the house if u load it with grocery bags.
Sponsored