sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a A51 BS BL that’s due to be built in May. Do the newly picked up BS with A51 color still have paint chipping issues? Should I have gotten one with a metallic tri-coat / thicker paint? How much of a concern is this issue?
Sponsored

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I placed an order for an Area 51 Outer Banks, Tech Package, and Assist+ on April 9th, received a production schedule of July 25th, and obsessively looked up other BS in the area just to... look at them while I waited?
Came across an Area 51 Badlands, Premium Package, Cargo Management, Moonroof, and 17" Low Gloss Wheels (sadly no Assist+) at the same dealership that hadn't been claimed yet and was invoiced just a few days before I placed my custom order.

I picked that one up yesterday juuuust under MSRP. I couldn't be more satisfied.
I could do with a few less bugs on the windshield, though.

Since yesterday I've been collecting ideas for some personalization and the creativity here has been a pleasure!

Ford Bronco Sport Official AREA 51 Bronco Sport Thread 1652845897592

Ford Bronco Sport Official AREA 51 Bronco Sport Thread 1652845933364

Ford Bronco Sport Official AREA 51 Bronco Sport Thread 1652845939503

Robyn

First Edition
First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered a A51 BS BL that’s due to be built in May. Do the newly picked up BS with A51 color still have paint chipping issues? Should I have gotten one with a metallic tri-coat / thicker paint? How much of a concern is this issue?
I have a 2021 BS Area 51 with 9 different areas chipped down to the metal. My surface care warranty says it’s not environmental and Ford says it’s not defective. I’m very disappointed-

Deleted member 6599

Deleted member 6599

Any tips on how to apply to the tail light to keep it straight?
You’ll want to use a hair dryer or heat gun on low first so the decal sticks to the plastic when you pull the backing off. Then just start with the left side of the brake light and work your way over. I just eyeballed it. Wish I would have went slightly lower though. After that press down with a credit card and use the hair dryer again so the decal sticks. Then peel off plastic strip slowly from right to left.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You’ll want to use a hair dryer or heat gun on low first so the decal sticks to the plastic when you pull the backing off. Then just start with the left side of the brake light and work your way over. I just eyeballed it. Wish I would have went slightly lower though. After that press down with a credit card and use the hair dryer again so the decal sticks. Then peel off plastic strip slowly from right to left.
Thanks. Will take it slow!
Sponsored