jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I installed the lift myself and then had the tires put on later that week.
Just out of curiosity; do you think that those KO2s would fit under a FE/BL w/o any extra lift or would there be a chance for rubbing? I need to slip this type of stuff past my wife a little at a time. ;)

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Just out of curiosity; do you think that those KO2s would fit under a FE/BL w/o any extra lift or would there be a chance for rubbing? I need to slip this type of stuff past my wife a little at a time. ;)
I think they would probably fit. I have seen a couple of owners on here that have put that size tire on without problems. At the same time, I have also seen one account on FB where the owner showed that the tires do rub (it didn’t look like much, but you could see where it was rubbing the wheel well liner). Since I put my lift on first, I can’t confirm this, just my opinion from what I’ve seen. Probably fine for everyday driving and the wife won’t even notice lol

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think they would probably fit. I have seen a couple of owners on here that have put that size tire on without problems. At the same time, I have also seen one account on FB where the owner showed that the tires do rub (it didn’t look like much, but you could see where it was rubbing the wheel well liner). Since I put my lift on first, I can’t confirm this, just my opinion from what I’ve seen. Probably fine for everyday driving and the wife won’t even notice lol
They are "snow tires"!

tylersmart

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jetta
I have the 1 1/4 lift from @FordBroncoLifts, thanks Robby! and 245/65/17 BFG KO2s. Other than that, it’s all stock.
Love the build! I'm curious since I know the BL/FE come with a preinstalled 1 inch lift. Is this to say you added another 1 1/4 inch lift or just the 1/4 inch? Also, did you feel the need to re-gear after you put on those tires?

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Love the build! I'm curious since I know the BL/FE come with a preinstalled 1 inch lift. Is this to say you added another 1 1/4 inch lift or just the 1/4 inch? Also, did you feel the need to re-gear after you put on those tires?
It’s 1 1/4 on top of the 1 inch increase from the factory. No, I don’t feel the need to re-gear, it wasn’t a huge increase in size. I don’t notice any difference in how it drives and it handled the mountain roads great.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It’s 1 1/4 on top of the 1 inch increase from the factory. No, I don’t feel the need to re-gear, it wasn’t a huge increase in size. I don’t notice any difference in how it drives and it handled the mountain roads great.
and looks sweet too! :)

Hdscreens

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Baby bronco
I have that size KO2 on Big Bend with stock ride height and have not had any rubbing issues. I constantly have to go off road for work with inclines and side degrees with no issues yet. Loaded cargo area with 900lbs today which brought the rear down but not rubbing during transportation. PSI set to 35.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have that size KO2 on Big Bend with stock ride height and have not had any rubbing issues. I constantly have to go off road for work with inclines and side degrees with no issues yet. Loaded cargo area with 900lbs today which brought the rear down but not rubbing during transportation. PSI set to 35.
Good to know! Thanks!

Troy

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This trail looks like a lot of fun, do you think an OB could make it up? I would def do it during the week to avoid traffic. I'd imagine the river is lower this time of year as well.

Dedbolt

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS, 2013 Harley Switchback
This trail looks like a lot of fun, do you think an OB could make it up? I would def do it during the week to avoid traffic. I'd imagine the river is lower this time of year as well.
I was in Red River this past weekend. I really wanted to take my OB up to Goose Lake through there. I generally go up in full size trucks, ATVs and such but didn't this year. My uncle said the river was pretty high. Up over his front license plate in his Jeep Rubicon Gladiator. Didnt want to risk it in the OB with no lift or tires yet.
Sponsored