DCNEHRING

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi all, I just turned 24,000 on my 2021 BS Cactus Grey Big Bend. Just did the 5th oil change. As I explore underneath, I do find it a hassle to remove the multiple PRHWS's that hold the "fibrous engine protection panel" in place. What is the true purpose of this panel? Its by no means a rock guard-- all I see it doing is keeping my engine clean -- and maybe holding in some heat. Rub#2: There is the larger panel under the passenger compartment that I have isolated as creating a "buffeting" noise inside the cabin- that my passengers comment on, akin to: "what's going underneath this thing?" I'd like to remove them all. Good?-Bad?-Indifferent? Thx DCN, Maryland, USA
Sponsored

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Better airflow under vehicle for increased mileage to meet CAFE standards.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
You might notice a bit more road noise. I'm considering removing mine as well because it just gets torn up anytime I'm off road.

My BS also has a soft flapping/buffeting noise that comes from the rear cabin air exhaust vent. Only happens when the fan is off or in recirculation mode.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi all, I just turned 24,000 on my 2021 BS Cactus Grey Big Bend. Just did the 5th oil change. As I explore underneath, I do find it a hassle to remove the multiple PRHWS's that hold the "fibrous engine protection panel" in place. What is the true purpose of this panel? Its by no means a rock guard-- all I see it doing is keeping my engine clean -- and maybe holding in some heat. Rub#2: There is the larger panel under the passenger compartment that I have isolated as creating a "buffeting" noise inside the cabin- that my passengers comment on, akin to: "what's going underneath this thing?" I'd like to remove them all. Good?-Bad?-Indifferent? Thx DCN, Maryland, USA
Forgive my naivete - what is a PRHWS ?

Greynoodle

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same buffeting noise! I appreciate your post!