ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Welcome to the cracked windshield club. I got one in less than 2,000 miles.
Mine cracked after 1200 miles; I put the epoxy for glass on it rather then getting it switched. "Safelite" glass around me sucks and breaks easier than the factory glass. Hoping this epoxy holds up in the winter ? can barely see the crack now.

Lufifi

Big Bend
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Every car I have ever owned since my first car at 15 (many many moons ago) has gotten a crack or a chip in the windshield from normal kicked up rocks/gravel on the road. Thank goodness with insurance the repair/replace is free!

OP
OP
Houseof7th

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Every car I have ever owned since my first car at 15 (many many moons ago) has gotten a crack or a chip in the windshield from normal kicked up rocks/gravel on the road. Thank goodness with insurance the repair/replace is free!
I checked in with my insuranceI'm good to go.... didn't know at first thank you

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Several products are available to help here. I used Sharpshield (two coats ) because they didn't need to remove the hood to apply it. I also had Xpel ceramic coating for glass on all glass. I have no chips coming up on 5K. My previous vehicle had have a dozen tiny chips and one larger by 5k. I was originally going with Exoshield but for the Bronco Sport the hood had to be removed for a good install. As far as cleaning the windshield, a microfiber cloth with water and all bugs wipe right off. No residue.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine cracked after 1200 miles; I put the epoxy for glass on it rather then getting it switched. "Safelite" glass around me sucks and breaks easier than the factory glass. Hoping this epoxy holds up in the winter ? can barely see the crack now.
I've got a Ford Ranger that got a crack and I had a professional do the epoxy thing...16 years ago. Done properly it'll last a long time.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Got a quarter sized rock chip at 500 miles. Had it filled but it didn’t help much. There was enough delamination from the impact that it wouldn’t fill all the voids. Now 6,000 miles later I’ll finally get the glass replaced under my insurance policy.

One thing I learned is that the driver assist camera will need to be recalibrated, the first glass shop said I’d have to go to the dealer to get that done. I’d rather go to the dentist than the dealer service department and want it fixed in one stop. So I found another glass shop that has the equipment and know-how to get it all done in about 2 hours.

OP
OP
Houseof7th

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Got the windshield fix great but still noticeable. My week decided it was not over there's a chip of paint on my door I notice once I got home from the safelite shop. Calling to see if they could run the footage and no one answer

OP
OP
Houseof7th

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford Bronco Sport Now the windshield! 547FDE3D-1380-49F3-B429-63BFAC2BDFDB

This just showed up one morning. Didn’t happen while I was driving.
That's a lot larger than the one I had! Did you have to replace the windshield or were they able to operate on it n work magic?

coryk

Big Bend
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport 21 bb
1500 miles and cracked windshield. Come on ford. I won't be able to afford to drive this at that rate.

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I’ve had three windshield replacements in two years with mostly highway driving. I’m Getting the third one next week. I was hoping for the Ford part but maybe it doesn’t matter at this rate. I love the car but was tempted to trade because of the hassle of fixing windshields.
Sponsored