Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Six weeks today with my Badlands… just noticed tonight that the fog lights come on (left or right) when turning left or right.
I wouldn’t worry about not being observant, I’ve had mine longer and had no clue. But in our defense, I’m always inside steering when I’m turning so not sure I would have ever noticed it!

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Six weeks today with my Badlands… just noticed tonight that the fog lights come on (left or right) when turning left or right.
My neighbor 22 f150 does it. She didnt know till i told here.. with they wete adaptive and turned indtead of just coming on

OP
OP
Outback Texan

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
On the Golf GTi that I sold to by this BS Badlands… the headlights actually turned when turning the steering wheel.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
One car that I owned was a 2010 M K S Lincoln, it had that feature , the lights actually turned in the direction of travel .
Ford Bronco Sport Not very observant! 5AC795FD-662B-41A2-9E8E-BCE557775510

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah it's a pretty cool feature, for spotting off road especially if using front camera. At least that's what I was led to believe. It's kinda cool.

Reactions: Jrl

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Don't feel bad. It took me a few weeks to notice the Lane Keeping Assist wasn't on--you have to push the little button on the end of the turn signal stalk. :crackup:

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That's nothing. I've owned mine around 15 months and still haven't noticed it.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I actually really like the fog lights lighting up in the direction you're turning the wheel. I like it better than the headlights that move. I had a buddy who had one headlight get stuck in the turned position so his car looked like his car was cross eyed for a week before he could get it replaced.

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
I wouldn’t worry about not being observant, I’ve had mine longer and had no clue. But in our defense, I’m always inside steering when I’m turning so not sure I would have ever noticed it!
Well, the idea is that it is meant to help you see better at night the direction you are turning (like some of the others have described headlights turning in other vehicles), so hopefully it has been helpful, even if you didn't specifically notice it. It's not for other cars to see, it's for you to see. Even so, I don't think it makes a HUGE difference, but if you pay close enough attention at night on a dark street, when you turn, you'll see the fog lights flash on giving you a little more light on that side. I think it's kind of fun, and a thoughtful feature for those that have it. I can definitely see them flash on while turning when it's dark out and not a lot of street lights are around.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I like that feature, but would like it to be disabled when reversing.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The effect is subtle. I appreciate the extra light but not sure one would notice unless you were in a confined space like a garage. The effect of adaptive lighting on both my wife's former CX-5 and my previous Mazda 6 was much more prominent.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I like the fog light feature; not so obvious but definitely noticeable and useful. As my neighbor joked, the new tech in these cars benefit us old farts. 🤣
Sponsored