Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
For those of you in colder areas and interested in off road driving the Nokian Outpost AT tires have, just recently, shown up on Discount Tire's web site. There are 3 sizes that may appeal to BS owners, the XL load rated 235/65/17 @29lbs, the SL load rated 245/65/17 @31lbs and 245/70/16 @31lbs.
They seem to have an outstanding warranty that may save you extra $ on a road hazard certificate. Even though these tires don't show up on TR's web site, they are owned by Discount Tire, so you maybe able to get them through TR, as well. https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nokian-tire-outpost-at
Ford Bronco Sport Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire 1669995178959
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Bluebaru, thank you for posting the shout out to Discount Tire and pointing out the Nokian Outpost AT tires we carry. It looks to be another good additional to the All Terrain tire segment.

We appreciate your support.

Vol4LifeinWV

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2021 Wrangler Unltd Willys
For those of you in colder areas and interested in off road driving the Nokian Outpost AT tires have, just recently, shown up on Discount Tire's web site. There are 3 sizes that may appeal to BS owners, the XL load rated 235/65/17 @29lbs, the SL load rated 245/65/17 @31lbs and 245/70/16 @31lbs.
They seem to have an outstanding warranty that may save you extra $ on a road hazard certificate. Even though these tires don't show up on TR's web site, they are owned by Discount Tire, so you maybe able to get them through TR, as well. https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nokian-tire-outpost-at
Ford Bronco Sport Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire 1669995178959
I’m currently shopping for tires and am not familiar with Nokian. Are they made by a larger manufacturer and rebranded?

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I’m currently shopping for tires and am not familiar with Nokian. Are they made by a larger manufacturer and rebranded?
They are a very very well known company around the world, they have been making the best snow tires for decades and are not rebranded anything. I lived in New England for 20 years and this is the ONLY brand of snow tire I would use as they made Blizzaks seem like summer tires in comparison. Don't hesitate to trust the brand, they've also been making AT tires for a few years. The company is based out of Finland so they know a thing or two about designing tires for adverse conditions.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
They have been a go to winter tire for many. Very grippy on ice even for winter tires. These shown though are AT tires and not considered true winter tires. Doesn’t mean they can’t be used in winter but not the same soft rubber as winter tires.

Vol4LifeinWV

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for both replies! I’m on the fence between an AT tire vs. a more on road tire that might be a bit more aggressive. My wife is the principal driver of our BS and does mostly on-road driving. She’s a bit more sensitive to road noise than I am.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Thanks for both replies! I’m on the fence between an AT tire vs. a more on road tire that might be a bit more aggressive. My wife is the principal driver of our BS and does mostly on-road driving. She’s a bit more sensitive to road noise than I am.
If she is sensitive to road noise, then I would steer clear of an AT tire. All the AT tires are going to make more noise than an All Season. Either that, or make her choose the tire, and then she has to live with her choice.

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
They also make the Outpost APT which is still 3 peak rated and a little less aggressive as far as tread pattern goes. It's also significantly lighter in terms of taking a hit to MPG.

Here's a photo of the APT, still a nice looking tread pattern, lots of siping and only 29 pounds for 235/65R17.

Ford Bronco Sport Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire Outpost APT

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
If she is sensitive to road noise, then I would steer clear of an AT tire. All the AT tires are going to make more noise than an All Season. Either that, or make her choose the tire, and then she has to live with her choice.
Actually, the Falken OEM AT3W is very quiet. The design is different so the edges are slightly rounded which helps with the noise.
Ford Bronco Sport Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire 8E5825EC-8D1C-496F-AD9C-730D55A24303

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I had the OEM Pirelli Scorpions 225/65R17. I recently replaced them with the Falken Wildpeaks in 235/65R17. I haven’t noticed any noise difference. I made a round trip from Seattle (essentially) to south of Los Angeles on both sets. I preferred the handling with the Falkens. 60 year old female at the time of both drives. I was expecting more noise, didn’t happen. Was ready to turn up the volume on the radio if need be. 🫣🤣

Nokian, didn’t they have a cell phone division? I used to have a Nokia phone. It was a great phone. 🤣

Last edited:

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I had the OEM Pirelli Scorpions 225/65R17. I recently replaced them with the Falken Wildpeaks in 235/65R17. I haven’y noticed any noise difference. I made a round trip from Seattle (essentially) to south of Los Angeles on both sets. I preferred the handling with the Falkens. 60 year old female at the time of both drives. I was expecting more noise, didn’t happen. Was ready to turn up the volume on the radio if need be. 🫣🤣

Nokian, didn’t they have a cell phone division? I used to have a Nokia phone. It was a great phone.
Both Finnish companies but not related. Nokia is the name of a town in Finland.

Vol4LifeinWV

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL! Not a bad idea.

Vol4LifeinWV

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They also make the Outpost APT which is still 3 peak rated and a little less aggressive as far as tread pattern goes. It's also significantly lighter in terms of taking a hit to MPG.

Here's a photo of the APT, still a nice looking tread pattern, lots of siping and only 29 pounds for 235/65R17.

Ford Bronco Sport Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire Outpost APT
Not bad looking at all. Something like that might fit the bill.

Vol4LifeinWV

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, the Falken OEM AT3W is very quiet. The design is different so the edges are slightly rounded which helps with the noise.
Ford Bronco Sport Nokian Outpost AT, Discount Tire 8E5825EC-8D1C-496F-AD9C-730D55A24303
I had the LT version of these on my Jeep Wrangler. Loved them. I thought they were quiet. That’s why I gravitated to these when I started my search and saw they were an optional OE tire. I like that they aren’t heavy as some others in this segment.

I’m a researcher and over thinker. Character flaw. I’m starting to think I’m way overthinking this.

Vol4LifeinWV

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How have they been wearing?
Sponsored