Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Carpet padding? My Outer Banks doesn't have any carpet padding. (heads out the door to go to the dealer to complain to the salesman) :cwl:
i guess yours came with an “enhanced spare tire bay capable of storing larger diameter tires”.
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not wanting to argue but they have stated several times that specifically the 235/65-17 size is an OE tire.

We can ask him again, but I would expect the same answer.

“I believe this is the 235/65 and 245/65 in 17's? Biggest difference is the the 235's are the OE tire for the sport. The 245s are the off-the-shelf wildpeak AT3w. Technical differences? 245s would be half an inch taller than the 235s but not much of a difference in terms of width. 245s weigh 8 lbs more, so this will affect MPG/performance of the vehicle. 245s has a higher load capacity due to this added, on the other hand. The 235s does have a softer compound, so it won't last as long as the 245s (being that it is a OE tire), however I haven't came across a case where a owner complained about a short life. Then again, they are probably utilizing the vehicle to it's full potential & understand tire life would be sacrificed.”
Is the argument that Falken does not manufacture a retail 235/65-17 Wildpeak AT3w? "OEM" does, potentially, mean 2 things -- designed for a specific OEM use, or more simply, not a specific design but provided as original equipment. I DO UNDERSTAND that Ford specifies unique OEM parts from manufacturers, e.g. Falken and other tire makers, to meet Ford OEM specs. I am just not sure that you can't also purchase a RETAIL-version 235/65-17 Wildpeak AT3w? YES IT IS TRUE that the only OEM sport tires (in 17") are 225/65-17 or 235/65-17, but that not really what this discussion is about.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Is the argument that Falken does not manufacture a retail 235/65-17 Wildpeak AT3w? "OEM" does, potentially, mean 2 things -- designed for a specific OEM use, or more simply, not a specific design but provided as original equipment. I DO UNDERSTAND that Ford specifies unique OEM parts from manufacturers, e.g. Falken and other tire makers, to meet Ford OEM specs. I am just not sure that you can't also purchase a RETAIL-version 235/65-17 Wildpeak AT3w? YES IT IS TRUE that the only OEM sport tires (in 17") are 225/65-17 or 235/65-17, but that not really what this discussion is about.
The 235/65R17 Wildpeak A/T3W that Falken sells is the Ford spec'ed tire. You can't get a A/T3W in that size any other way. Falken sells one A/T3W in that size and its the Ford spec'ed tire with lighter sidewall and slightly diff tread pattern as soec'ed for Ford. Thats how Falken decided to do it.