New potential Badlands buyer. Any advice, tips etc about buying?

Ernie

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Badlands in near future
First time post.
So I’ve been researching for months on a new vehicle and more specifically on the badlands. Haven’t been to a dealer yet to even test drive it. The whole dealership/salesman process just irks me.

Finally decided to get a more serious process going. Got approved for a loan by my work credit union. Now it’s making it more real.

My question to the forum. How should I go about buying it through a dealership. Any advice, tips, truck options etc. Looking at the badlands fully loaded basically. Can live without lane assist option that’s around 800-900. Never had it before so I’ll be fine.

Anything helpful will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
If you can find one on a lot buy it. They aren’t taking badlands orders any longer and those of us that have had orderes for badlands in for months keep getting delayed. I ordered mine back on Feb 3rd and just got delivery pushed to Oct 31st after starting into production with no explanation yet.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford stopped taking new orders for Badlands April 15 for the rest of the '21 model year. However, any dealer or customer ordered Badlands placed prior to April 15 Ford is trying to schedule those for production and deliver them. Ford has struggled to build the Badlands with Badlands Package so those are harder to get. You will have to find a dealer with an already ordered Badlands and try to make a deal. Most incoming Badlands are sold before they are delivered to dealer. Right now high option Badlands are not easy to get. Some people order high option Badlands then fail to show up and take delivery. However, dealer usually has many many buyers lined up when that occurs so those are sold immediately not sitting on lots.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
And a lot of dealers will try to sell Badlands well above MSRP. So don't be surprised if you see huge mark ups on Badlands if you can even find one which will not be easy.

OP
OP

Ernie

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Badlands in near future
Thanks for the advice so far. Yes they are hard to get right now. I’m trying to get one to test drive and potentially buy on the spot. Dealerships in my area have them online. When I call though they say they don’t have any.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships in my area have them online. When I call though they say they don’t have any.
Its a new trend for Ford dealers to list Badlands as in stock that are on order and not in inventory. If they don't have window sticker they aren't even built yet and you will see that often. Most Badlands will have buyers committed to purchase long before they are delivered. You might get lucky and find a Badlands someone backed out of. Far more ppl looking for Badlands then available units.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
We were really fortunate that we found a dealer ordered Badlands locally that did not have a deposit on it yet. I was shocked, but pleased. Even the color she wanted - Rapid Red. Also, no dealer markup, I would have told them to piss off otherwise.

However, it did NOT have the Badlands package. Most of those options didn't matter, but I would have liked to have the leather seats and wrapped steering wheel. I can get Katskinz and a new OEM steering wheel, but the Bronco embossed in the leather would be cool to have. But I am really glad it didn't have a moonroof.

It DID have the optional floor liners, towing package and AT tire upgrade.

My wife is very happy with the ride. I like that it is very capable. Only have about 700 miles on it, but so far so good. I have an F150 Supercrew and I am a bit jealous.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for the advice so far. Yes they are hard to get right now. I’m trying to get one to test drive and potentially buy on the spot. Dealerships in my area have them online. When I call though they say they don’t have any.
When you look at the inventory online, does it say "in transit" or "dealer ordered" anywhere? This is an indication it isn't actually in stock yet.
Ford Bronco Sport New potential Badlands buyer. Any advice, tips etc about buying? 1623326095444

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
When you look at the inventory online, does it say "in transit" or "dealer ordered" anywhere? This is an indication it isn't actually in stock yet.
Ford Bronco Sport New potential Badlands buyer. Any advice, tips etc about buying? 1623326095444
I have seen many dealers say in stock when Ford has not even built it yet. Some dealers may be honest and state in transit but the common trend is list in stock when its not in stock.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
@69cuda340s is a hundred percent right. I really feel for those that ordered and are waiting when I just fell into mine. I did a web search, and there were 2 in 120 miles of me, one in transit (which I quickly learned someone had already put a deposit on) and another that just like 69cuda said, a dealer ordered for someone and something wasn’t right or to their taste, so they didn’t buy it and he ordered them another one. And I lucked out because the 24hrs I waited didn’t cost me the car. I still put money down on it over the phone sight unseen becasue the salesmen point blank said: it will not be here long. Glad I did. So if you find one, move fast. Go look at or drive a big bend or a base to get a feel for it if you have to, and avengers assemble when you find your badlands.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My personal advice. Keep looking, checking dealers every day as they roll in. Check window stickers.
Have a list of MUST have and one of like to have.
Make contact with a dealer and perhaps expand how far you would drive to find one. They will turn up. If you are dead set on a badlands hang in there.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My personal advice. Keep looking, checking dealers every day as they roll in. Check window stickers.
Have a list of MUST have and one of like to have.
Make contact with a dealer and perhaps expand how far you would drive to find one. They will turn up. If you are dead set on a badlands hang in there.
That can work for ppl who have time for that search. And the willingness to travel far away. There are ppl who have traveled several hours or more to get the high option badlands. They can be found yes but it is not easy and requires effort a bit of luck. And most likely settle for missing options not your favorite color ect. None of that is anything I am willing to do.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
@69cuda340s should plaster signage on his crv that says I have to drive this honda because Ford can’t make my badlands lol or maybe We should make some bumper stickers that say, I’d rather be driving my new Bronco Sport!

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
First time post.
So I’ve been researching for months on a new vehicle and more specifically on the badlands. Haven’t been to a dealer yet to even test drive it. The whole dealership/salesman process just irks me.

Finally decided to get a more serious process going. Got approved for a loan by my work credit union. Now it’s making it more real.

My question to the forum. How should I go about buying it through a dealership. Any advice, tips, truck options etc. Looking at the badlands fully loaded basically. Can live without lane assist option that’s around 800-900. Never had it before so I’ll be fine.

Anything helpful will be greatly appreciated.
Test drive a Badlands! Good luck. Get a good comfortable chair and sit there for the next 6-8 months as you wait for a BS.
By the way.....At his point BS doesn’t stand for Bronco Sport anymore.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
The hard part is often times the Badlands that are "dealer ordered" or "in transit" not only were ordered by someone that has already put down a deposit, but they already have 2 to 3+ people already lined up in case the original customer backs out. My dealer made this abundantly clear when I picked up mine. He said they weren't worried at all if I backed out, as they already had 2 people lined up for my car waiting to see if I followed through with the order. And that was back in April.
Sponsored