J3u29!

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
New to the car world. Went looking/researching for my first car purchase EVER and stumbled upon this website. Was hooked and could not get the Bronco Sport out of my mind. I ordered oxford white outer banks bs on 2/3/22. I recived a build date of 5/23 which was then pushed back to 6/6. When I finally got the time to go enter my VIN and Order number on the Tracker on this forum its saying my VIN is invalid? A little nervous about this. As I saw another member post their own tracking app to a thread where my Vin was also "invalid."

Is this just because the car techincally hasnt been built yet so the VIN is not valid?

Sorry if this is an obvious question just very new to car buying/ordering!

Appreciate any tips/help/advice haha! Thank you!!!

-JM
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Are you copying/pasting the VIN from the email you received? I'd verify the digits with your dealership just in case there's a typo or some such silly thing. Also, check this app for status as it seems to be more reliable than the official ford site.

OP
OP

J3u29!

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Are you copying/pasting the VIN from the email you received? I'd verify the digits with your dealership just in case there's a typo or some such silly thing. Also, check this app for status as it seems to be more reliable than the official ford site.
Thank you!! Yes copy and pasting directly from email I recived. I think I will check in with my dealer just to verify. I was also reading a thread just now that this forum tracker is down and it looked like a few other people were having trouble with their VIN being "Invalid"

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thank you!! Yes copy and pasting directly from email I recived. I think I will check in with my dealer just to verify. I was also reading a thread just now that this forum tracker is down and it looked like a few other people were having trouble with their VIN being "Invalid"
I've not seen the forum tracker work in the few months I've been here. This is the official Ford tracker, which works when the mood strikes it or the tide is just right or some other unfathomable variable is properly aligned.

OP
OP

J3u29!

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
FWIW, the Ford tracking site appears to be coded by...well, it's not good.
1: If cutting and pasting, make sure to delete any spaces on either side of the vin or order #
2: clear your browser cache
3: use fordpass and try to enter vin
4: take a row of garlic, a wooden stake, and a pic of your order, then mix with oil and sacrifice...
(The last is optional, of course)

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
New to the car world. Went looking/researching for my first car purchase EVER and stumbled upon this website. Was hooked and could not get the Bronco Sport out of my mind. I ordered oxford white outer banks bs on 2/3/22. I recived a build date of 5/23 which was then pushed back to 6/6. When I finally got the time to go enter my VIN and Order number on the Tracker on this forum its saying my VIN is invalid? A little nervous about this. As I saw another member post their own tracking app to a thread where my Vin was also "invalid."

Is this just because the car techincally hasnt been built yet so the VIN is not valid?

-JM
It can be very frustrating and cause a lack of patience to be sure...the BEST path is through the dealer you ordered with. Or at least it should be... They have FULL visibility with the plant, Ford, etc. They can tell where it is in production, when it's built, and when it's being transported. If they tell you they do not...they are being lazy. They have access to all of it.

They used to have a member at BlueOvalForums.com but this is all that is left of that process:

The following options are available in addition to asking your dealer for a Vehicle Visibility Report update. Your dealer has 24/7 access to order tracking and shipping details.

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#chat

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled

-JM
Try coping vin from email.. pasting into a text editor.. and then copying that and pasting into the app... Or just had type it exactly...
Sponsored