J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a dash camera and a hard wire kit with the fuse block. Nice and clean install ability. I saw another member post about fuse 3 in the inside fuse block was a source he used for power.

My issues is on my 2022 BS- BB, the power cycles off and back on any time the engine restarts after a auto on/ off at a red light. I have no intention to stop using the auto start/ stop, and don’t want to forget to hit the button and the video cut off when needed at a red light.
Is anyone familiar with a fuse that only has power with the ignition on…. Doesn’t do a quick cycle when the auto start/ stop is in play…. ?

i believe the rear cargo 12v cuts off after a short time but I can’t identify the fuse for it from the manual So far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Wal

J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just something to add to a bookmarked bronco folder
Good luck on your search OP

I have been looking and testing.

what’s going to have to happen is I am going to have to drive and test the “spare”fuses and see if any meet the needs.
Worst case, I will bring in a hot wire from the engine bay fuse block, one of them hopefully meet the need.
Noting inside has so far…. Fuse 6 may do what I need, but I can’t get the adaptor in beside that circuit breaker….

OP
OP
J.Wal

J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Part way through this thread https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/interior-fuse-block-access.1627/ I think they were doing exactly what you might be looking to accomplish.
thanks! That second page shows someone having the same issue I am with cycling off after a start/ stop at a light or stop sign.
I have ordered OBD2 power supply that has a switch to work in ACC only or switch to 24/7 till it detects too low of a voltage.

I will be monitoring the other to see if a fix to the position 3 is fixed.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Have you tested to see if the slot stays hot when the engine shuts off? Some cameras sense voltage to enter parking mode. The system is 14 v with the engine running and 12 v with only battery power. Check your camera to see if you can disable parking mode.

OP
OP
J.Wal

J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Have you tested to see if the slot stays hot when the engine shuts off? Some cameras sense voltage to enter parking mode. The system is 14 v with the engine running and 12 v with only battery power. Check your camera to see if you can disable parking mode.
I have tired every slot I can under the dash. All of them cause the camera to go off and back on after a auto start/ stop.

I have abandoned the hard wire kit and have it plugged into the standard 12v below the radio. After a little time it does shut off.
I have a OBD2 port power wire coming. It has a switch for ACC or 24/7 till it detects low voltage.
We will see how it works.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have tired every slot I can under the dash. All of them cause the camera to go off and back on after a auto start/ stop.
Did you check your camera to see if it has a parking mode? If so, did you disable it?

I have abandoned the hard wire kit and have it plugged into the standard 12v below the radio. After a little time it does shut off.
Yes, this makes sense (assuming I'm correct about the way your camera switches to parking mode). The hardwire kit includes the voltage sensor. When you use the 12v outlet plug there is no voltage sensor, so the camera never enters parking mode.

OP
OP
J.Wal

J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have tired with and without parking mode…

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have tired with and without parking mode…
Did you test the circuit to see if power is available in ACC mode (engine not running)? Slot 3 in my car is powered any time the vehicle electrical system is on whether the engine is running or not.
Sponsored