Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Another water pump replacement. OB December 2020 build. I noticed the coolant level kept dropping. And as others have said, no drips on the garage floor. No smell. Took her in Tuesday, got her back today. They also said the serpentine belt was saturated and coming apart. It was replaced.
Data usb also replaced.
I got a loaner.
The 40 minute drive to this dealership is worth it.
Thank you Front Royal Ford.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
It's important that forum members post their success stories, otherwise all we ever hear about are problems and unsuccessful attempts to fix them. It seems to me that Ford can't be all bad else it wouldn't continue to be successful. Thanks for providing some evidence!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It's important that forum members post their success stories, otherwise all we ever hear about are problems and unsuccessful attempts to fix them. It seems to me that Ford can't be all bad else it wouldn't continue to be successful. Thanks for providing some evidence!
Same for the dealer. All we hear is how bad the dealers are. There are good dealers out there. Granger has been a great dealer so far and I have no doubt that won’t change soon.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I wonder if it's because yours is a very early build. I believe Bronco Sports went into production starting in November 2020 and went on sale by December 2020 for the 2021 model year. A good example of the old, "Don't ever buy the first model year of anything!" saying. But I shouldn't talk because my Maverick is a first model year vehicle and I have an open airbag recall as a result. 😞

OP
OP
Ponyrider

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if it's because yours is a very early build. I believe Bronco Sports went into production starting in November 2020 and went on sale by December 2020 for the 2021 model year. A good example of the old, "Don't ever buy the first model year of anything!" saying. But I shouldn't talk because my Maverick is a first model year vehicle and I have an open airbag recall as a result. 😞
You can never tell. I specifically bought the first year Sport because of my past experience. 2001 Ford Escape. I think I remember 1 recall. Minor. She was problem free until she reached 15 years old and 378,000 miles.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Water pump replaced yesterday after a loooooong wait. I’ll still “keep an eye “ on coolant level. No dripping, no smells, no puddles, just no heat tipped me off to any issue. Will keep fingers crossed.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I’ll still “keep an eye “ on coolant level.
Good advice, even for those of us who've never experienced this issue. All of the important fluid reservoirs under the hood are marked for easy visual inspection. It only takes 30 seconds or so to pop the hood and look at all of them with a flashlight. The earlier you catch some problems the $easier$ they are to fix.

JerryInMexico

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Bought my BS Big Bend in Guadalajara about 11 months ago. 10,000 kilometers (about 6,200 miles). Has run like a champ so far but the recall means I won´t be driving it back to the US until that gets resolved.

OP
OP
Ponyrider

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Water pump replaced yesterday after a loooooong wait. I’ll still “keep an eye “ on coolant level. No dripping, no smells, no puddles, just no heat tipped me off to any issue. Will keep fingers crossed.
No heat was my tip off also. When they kept mine overnight, I figured they were doing a pressure test. I did wonder about the availability of water pumps, so I was ready for a wait. No wait here. They had a water pump.

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That's because there's more bad than good.....hence the huge number of recalls.
Sponsored