RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I think it’s the way the 3cyl is tuned under 2300 rpm. Feels like someone letting out the clutch and then trying to not stall by giving it gas. Is loud chatter and delay in power. Putting in sport mode gets rid of this feeling. Going off of escape 3 banger I have as a loaner. It feels terrible to drive

OP
OP

JRCLT59

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ford
having the same issue around the same mph's as well. it just shutters and shakes and trembles and then I hit the gas and it goes away which leads me to believe its some sort of turbo issue maybe? I'll try the sport mode, I just hit the 1,500m mark. I have a 22 OBX.
This issue seems to have my dealership scratching their heads. Can’t figure it out

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i have the shudder, for 40,XXX kilometers now. Nothing will blow up but it is there. If i remember correctly there was a thread somewhere stating the condition is from the torque convertor?

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
having the same issue around the same mph's as well. it just shutters and shakes and trembles and then I hit the gas and it goes away which leads me to believe its some sort of turbo issue maybe? I'll try the sport mode, I just hit the 1,500m mark. I have a 22 OBX.
I was corrected and rightfully so on my use of the term Turbo Flutter. I did a deep dive into the term, cause and effect and it definitely is different from what I was trying to convey. In my case the flutter noise would be more accurately described as Turbo Rattle, or more specifically Waste Gate Rattle. Sort of sounds like a air compressor at low rpms. Ford has a Technical Service Bulliton on the issue on EcoBoost 3.5s and 2.0s. I'm not positive yet that is what I'm actually hearing but it gives me something to follow and figure out. Combined with delayed shifting into a lower gear I get the transmission shudder (lugging) feedback plus the audible feedback as well. It's easy to correct and is brought about by my very light foot on the peddle. I'm always doing the hyper mileing thing even in the city when traffic is light. Sorry if I misconstrued Turbo flutter with Turbo rattle.
Sponsored