MPGs

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My badlands at little over 5900 miles getting 28.8 mpg running mix of highway and city....I am letting it shut down at lights and running eco mode most of the time....still not bad in my eyes !!
Not bad, I would say fantastic! My badlands has averages 21.7 mpg, does around 19mpg in the city and 27mpg on the highway.

Eco mode must have a big impact, are you also running the stock scorpion tire?

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I'm at about 2600 miles. Averaging 25.1mpg per the trip computer. I've put 93 in for every tank except for the last 2.

over the hill

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
yes, stock scorpion tires and cheap regular gas at sams club...will run a can of fuel additive/ cleaner every 5,000 miles....seems to be working for me....

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
After 5200 miles, my lifetime mileage is at 28.9 MPG

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After all these reports of great fuel consumption I finally tried eco mode. Lasted about 3 miles on it, felt like I had a 1.0L engine.... I think I can live with my low mpg.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
After all these reports of great fuel consumption I finally tried eco mode. Lasted about 3 miles on it, felt like I had a 1.0L engine.... I think I can live with my low mpg.
Odd, I've spent some time in Eco.
Yes it's a bit enemic but pressing on the gas more when I need power gives it up just fine.
The extra 1.0 mpg I get is nice but like the stop start thing I cannot set it and forget it.
Having no way to make custom settings that hold from the day before is IMO a blunder on Ford's part.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
here is my screen shot...would like to see 40 plus....that seems high...

Ford Bronco Sport MPGs bronco sport sceen shot
You can get 40 plus. Simply reset at the top of a long down hill or get up to 75 and coast...
Take your dash picture before you start driving normal.
I can hold 34 mpg's for almost a quarter of a tank IF I really play with it.
Lots of coasting, using downhills to gain extra speed. Or a steady 55 or 60 on level straight ground for what, 20 miles.
No one is holding these high mpg's over multi tank averages.
If someone claims this is think counciling would be in order..
I call Bull Hockey !! :'P

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Odd, I've spent some time in Eco.
Yes it's a bit enemic but pressing on the gas more when I need power gives it up just fine.
The extra 1.0 mpg I get is nice but like the stop start thing I cannot set it and forget it.
Having no way to make custom settings that hold from the day before is IMO a blunder on Ford's part.
I live in the foothills so always either going up or down So I prefer the pedal response in normal mode, maybe I will try again on the highway on my next road trip. Agreed on the custom settings, and the stop/start is completely erratic. Some days it comes on every stop, some days it doesn’t come on at all. I get not turning on when its 90F out and it has to cool the car, but most of the time it is 70f out and asking for 72f in.

Anyways, it is so erratic I would prefer not to have it at all...

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
here is my screen shot...would like to see 40 plus....that seems high...

Ford Bronco Sport MPGs bronco sport sceen shot
I wonder if the computer is measuring fuel consumption properly on some BS? It doesn’t seem feasible to me when the EPA combined mileage is 23mpg, which is still better than what I am getting.

over the hill

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
You can get 40 plus. Simply reset at the top of a long down hill or get up to 75 and coast...
Take your dash picture before you start driving normal.
I can hold 34 mpg's for almost a quarter of a tank IF I really play with it.
Lots of coasting, using downhills to gain extra speed. Or a steady 55 or 60 on level straight ground for what, 20 miles.
No one is holding these high mpg's over multi tank averages.
If someone claims this is think counciling would be in order..
I call Bull Hockey !! :'P
My screen shot was posted in response to another member claiming 40 plus mpg....I have no thoughts of ever seeing these numbers in my badlands...but figured maybe he / she could post their screen to support their claim.....although I probably still could use counciling of some sort !!!