Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was going to make a joke about people my age and pushing brick-shaped objects but that’s not appropriate and I refuse to say it.
:giggle:
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I was going to make a joke about people my age and pushing brick-shaped objects but that’s not appropriate and I refuse to say it.
:giggle:
Tigger, I’m not even sure where to go with that! And it’s tough to make me speechless!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
SOME of this is on consumers gaming the system a bit. As always a handful of consumers attempt to 'outplay' their hand. They booked day 1 reservations and the webasto/parts fiasco forced Ford to make some bad compromises. Once the next model year projected, those hanging on to reservations held out, thinking the green, hertitage, etc would soon be their prize. Obviously as the Bronco gained popularity, greedy dealers took their shots and banked on empty orders and huge ADM. The market storm made a bad mess a typhoon. Now Ford is caught between a rock and a hardplace with hundreds of their own screwups, putting their word on the line, and some taking FULL advantage of it. There are MANy parts in motion, no pun intended...but consumer greed is a small factor...make no mistake, thinking you can game the system rarely pays off. And in a day of instant voice...the media crows are clucking.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
MikeH, I would not say that I was trying to outplay the system, but this odd time was financially beneficial. While waiting for my Bronco, I got a few Bronco Sports that were on the lot and I kept getting offers well above what I paid, as well as my Bronco that arrived and I sold for a nice profit before I sat in it. I now have a Heritage Limited and I have not spent a dime since I bought my 2021 Big Bend Bronco Sport. So, I do not feel bad that some of the dealerships are now reaping the benefits but the only thing that bothers me is those that wait and wait and may not get their wish. That part is simply not right and Ford should never put the dealerships ahead of those customers. Horrible long-term strategy!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MikeH, I would not say that I was trying to outplay the system, but this odd time was financially beneficial. While waiting for my Bronco, I got a few Bronco Sports that were on the lot and I kept getting offers well above what I paid, as well as my Bronco that arrived and I sold for a nice profit before I sat in it. I now have a Heritage Limited and I have not spent a dime since I bought my 2021 Big Bend Bronco Sport. So, I do not feel bad that some of the dealerships are now reaping the benefits but the only thing that bothers me is those that wait and wait and may not get their wish. That part is simply not right and Ford should never put the dealerships ahead of those customers. Horrible long-term strategy!
Tigger, right on the money. Ford experimented with the Tesla reservation system and it backfired. They will learn and move on. This is not on the customer while I agree, people ordering multiple vehicles with the intention of just flipping, will also learn.
Sponsored