johnnyoknows

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey all! First time poster here, just ordered an Area 51 Badlands w/ BL package last week! ??

One thing I can’t seem to find info on: does the power moonroof open fully? Or how far does it open if not fully? I have seen a few still shots where it’s kind of halfway open, but can’t tell if that’s by choice or if that’s as far as it goes.

Thanks in advance! You guys have been getting me HYPED seeing all the first drive impressions and reviews! So stoked to join the family soon.
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Hey all! First time poster here, just ordered an Area 51 Badlands w/ BL package last week! ??

One thing I can’t seem to find info on: does the power moonroof open fully? Or how far does it open if not fully? I have seen a few still shots where it’s kind of halfway open, but can’t tell if that’s by choice or if that’s as far as it goes.

Thanks in advance! You guys have been getting me HYPED seeing all the first drive impressions and reviews! So stoked to join the family soon.
Welcome John. I hope you enjoy your BS BL As much as I am enjoying my BS BB.

OP
OP
johnnyoknows

johnnyoknows

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Welcome John. I hope you enjoy your BS BL As much as I am enjoying my BS BB.
Thanks so much! One quick test drive and I was sold. I was planning to go test drive a RAV4 too, but after 15 minutes with the BS, that wasn’t necessary! ? And stumbling onto this forum just cemented my decision.

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
Thanks so much! One quick test drive and I was sold. I was planning to go test drive a RAV4 too, but after 15 minutes with the BS, that wasn’t necessary! ? And stumbling onto this forum just cemented my decision.
I just passed 3,000 miles in my FE. I absolutely love it.

One minor complaint I have is that the moonroof doesn't open as much as it seems it should. It's more than half open. Closer to 55% open.

OP
OP
johnnyoknows

johnnyoknows

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just passed 3,000 miles in my FE. I absolutely love it.

One minor complaint I have is that the moonroof doesn't open as much as it seems it should. It's more than half open. Closer to 55% open.
Great to hear you’re loving it so far! ?? I saw the image below on Ford’s site, so it sounds like it’s showing the roof fully open. Not a huge deal, but would’ve been cool if opened up all the way. Given how large the panel is, and the safari roof setup, I guess it’s not surprising it is limited. That slightly bigger size is nice though; with all that light coming in, the light-colored interior trim up top, and all that headroom, it really did feel more open and spacious than I was anticipating.

Thanks for your reply!

Ford Bronco Sport Moonroof - Does it open fully? BF8CA7EA-0BC9-4FAD-B706-AF3DC615BB43

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
My last vehicle was a RAV4 (that was the only other vehicle I had besides the bronco sport ) The Bronco Sport is a lot more fun than the RAV4. Price is pretty much the same.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'll contact Ford and show them this. We as a forum deserve a sales commission doncha think ? :'P...
Divided among the members that's should be, hmm 2 cents each :D
No pun intended,,,. Zah !

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I'll contact Ford and show them this. We as a forum deserve a sales commission doncha think ? :'P...
Divided among the members that's should be, hmm 2 cents each :D
No pun intended,,,. Zah !
I feel the same, I have been asked by multiple people locally that were considering the vehicle how do I like it. ( I love it , I do tell them I recommend it, but think they should wait for discounts and more inventory ) I feel like Ford is using the first buyers of the vehicle as an extended marketing team.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
To me, the "safari roof" looked like an opportunity to stow the sliding glass under the roof sheet metal somehow. The actual design is probably the best comprise with that bump in the roof, the desired size of the glass/opening, and the amount it can actually open. As I may be giving up my convertible, I'm a bit disappointed it isn't a larger opening overall, but as it is, it might be closed (with the shade open) most of the time while driving. I also suspect the design and travel limit are related to the height of the roof rails, and any cross bars or other things one might mount up there.

Last edited:

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain

I found this photo. It looks fully open.

Ford Bronco Sport Moonroof - Does it open fully? 73EFD44F-C4AF-473B-8052-6ABE73EB3F2D

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I found this photo. It looks fully open.

Ford Bronco Sport Moonroof - Does it open fully? 73EFD44F-C4AF-473B-8052-6ABE73EB3F2D
That's closed, you can see the reflections on the glass, in the top/first picture. There is also a pop-up wind deflector/screen you would see if it were open. The 2nd/left picture looks right, the 3rd I don't know why, but the shade isn't fully open.

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
That's closed, you can see the reflections on the glass, in the top/first picture. There is also a pop-up wind deflector/screen you would see if it were open. The 2nd/left picture looks right, the 3rd I don't know why, but the shade isn't fully open.
Lol. I’m an idiot
Sponsored