bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
If bumper has a tear you could repair it instead of replacing it. 3M has lots of how-to videos that show how to repair bumpers using their products.
Even for the black textured bumper? I thought those things are shot if they get damaged...
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
As said , if you don't want to scratch or dent your off road vehicle , stay on paved roads . How are you approaching this obstacle , head on or at an angle , makes a big difference .

Its all about experience , I was lucky , I started out off roading with a 1978 CJ 7 , it was a true beater with a V8 , was not ever worried about a scratch , dent or what I needed to go through to get where I wanted .

I don't want to talk about my wife's new CJ 5 I rolled .

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
The biggest simplest thing to keep in mind with off-road driving is to go slow. If you go fast, you compress the springs significantly when you hit a bump, and you effectively have less clearance. And by slow, I really do mean slow. There are times you need to keep momentum up (e.g. sand), but ignore those for now. If there are things you can hit, try going slower. Creep through. You want to be at much less than 1mph when going through an obstacle.

That having been said, it sounds like you were, but driving in places where other folks haven't driven much means that things are a lot sharper. Obstacles on the trail get smoothed off, especially for large things, while a ditch in a construction site hasn't yet. The angles can be pretty bad even for something small if it hasn't been driven over.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Even for the black textured bumper? I thought those things are shot if they get damaged...
Yeah you wouldn't be able to get the textured look after repair. But if its down low hard to see might be able to get away with smooth look.
Sponsored