fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Rocker Panels need to be strong on a Unibody , its the only thing connecting the two real Frames. Good to see & hear they are tough . Advanced Metal , didn't we have a thread on that or it was mentioned some where here ?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
that is super cool.
Even moreso, it says a lot about crash and design integrity. The cargo/seating area appears to be cocoon-like with very rigid rockers and pillars. The upside even after hydraulic ram and cutting, the post and rockers held their structure. That's critical in a T-bone or roll over. Having spent many years on the working end of the cutters and jaws, it's amazing how many cars would peel and bend like soft butter. Having solid rockers is clutch.
I worked in safety with NASCAR and extricated a few drivers. The posts remind me of the tubular roll cages in many race cars. Makes safety and removal a dream.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I'm not down with all that jargon, but it sounds that it's built really tough. I'm liking the crash ratings the vehicle got. I don't think I've ever owned something else with so many outstanding scores.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The BS received the top IIHS safety award. For a first model year that's amazing.
Sponsored