21BRNCO-SPORT

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I noticed my low beam headlights are aimed a bit low . At first I thought it was just me but then a few passengers said the same thing . Does anyone know how to adjust them? I tried the owners manual with no luck .
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I noticed my low beam headlights are aimed a bit low . At first I thought it was just me but then a few passengers said the same thing . Does anyone know how to adjust them? I tried the owners manual with no luck .
I doubt they are aimed low. Many new vehicles have the low beams filtered so they don't blind oncoming traffic. There will be a clear line at the top of their beams and dark above it. If that is the case, this is normal.

Be sure you have your auto dimmer turned on so you will be using the brights when safe to do so.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I noticed my low beam headlights are aimed a bit low .
I've never seen headlight aim adjustments in a car owner's manual; you usually have to take it to a shop.

EDIT: I'll be damned; MoFoCo just made a liar out of me (see post below). Maybe I should look at the Owner's Manual before I start typing!

You might consider checking them based on more than just a hunch. Here's a good video on how to do that:

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I would have the dealer check them. Body shops would also typically be able to aim headlights but with this vehicle being so new that might not yet be the case.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
I think mine are aimed a bit high, and with some squat it’s way too high. Had a weekend’s worth of luggage, family of 4 and 2 bikes on the hitch rack, a lot of oncoming drivers flashed at me like the high beams were on.

Looks like adjustment is very easy, it’s detailed in the Owner’s Manual page 284.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7450&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2088526&ProcUid=G2121516&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Last edited:

vzepol

Big Bend
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The sharp cutoff is deceptive. I set the lights on auto and was surprised at how well the lights adjust to the conditions.

OP
OP
21BRNCO-SPORT

21BRNCO-SPORT

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think mine are aimed a bit high, and with some squat it’s way too high. Had a weekend’s worth of luggage, family of 4 and 2 bikes on the hitch rack, a lot of oncoming drivers flashed at me like the high beams were on.

Looks like adjustment is very easy, it’s detailed in the Owner’s Manual page 284.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7450&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2088526&ProcUid=G2121516&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False
Thanks , I will try this next weekend. Will let you know if it did or did not need adjustment .
Sponsored