Looking for a great AT tire for my BL....

OP
OP

Farmerdawn71

Badlands
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I like them a lot, I like the look. It was these or the BFG KO2's. I did some searching for the largest tire I could put on without rubbing. Lot of people had the Wildpeak AT3W so that's what I went with. Little bit of road noise but does not bother me. The real test will be in the snow, which I'm actually looking forward to just to test out the tires. I would still get aggressive looking tires if I lived in the south, just because of the looks.

I had the dealer install them before I even picked up my BS. So I can't really do a before and after comparison. I want to say mileage is affected as I've only been able to get about 28mpg while I've read others can get 31mpg. Guess I didn't buy this for the mpg.
I went with these at the 245/65r17s.
They had to order them so next week. Gas mileage is a mute point for me in KY as I have to much hilly driving. I can say that I have hit 32 with the straight flat highway between here and Michigan though. But rn I still get 26. I'm thinking of hitting the dunes in Northern Michigan next summer
Sponsored

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I went with these at the 245/65r17s.
They had to order them so next week. Gas mileage is a mute point for me in KY as I have to much hilly driving. I can say that I have hit 32 with the straight flat highway between here and Michigan though. But rn I still get 26. I'm thinking of hitting the dunes in Northern Michigan next summer
Good choice, I think you'll be happy with them. Yea I suppose we're submitting to lower mpg buy getting an SUV. I'm so used to 35 in my car. Gonna drop even more when my big Bronco arrives.

I bet there are a ton of beautiful trails in Kentucky and all those eastern states up and down the Appalachians. Eastern camping and exploring trips are on my bucket list.

Curious how the BS will do in the Dunes, at least you have the Badlands for the more capable off-roading. Michigans upper peninsula will be a great place to camp and explore also.