robotfist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That looks good. I've been curious about what type of lift would be optimal for the Bronco Sport. I am not too far from Atlas Spring and was wondering if new leaf springs would be advisable for the Sport. I had them throw new leaf springs on my work van (GMC Savana 1500 AWD) and they've been great. But if I got a Bronco Sport, a 1" lift is probably all I'd want to pursue. Not sure if leaf springs are still the way to go for such a modest lift.

wxsquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT 4x4 Screw Long Bed
That looks good. I've been curious about what type of lift would be optimal for the Bronco Sport. I am not too far from Atlas Spring and was wondering if new leaf springs would be advisable for the Sport. I had them throw new leaf springs on my work van (GMC Savana 1500 AWD) and they've been great. But if I got a Bronco Sport, a 1" lift is probably all I'd want to pursue. Not sure if leaf springs are still the way to go for such a modest lift.
You do know the BSport does not have leaf springs, right?

JBRONCO77

Big Bend
First Name
JEFF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT
1" Front Only?
Which tire did you choose?

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Someone on the forum mentioned a Ford engineer recommending not lifting the BS. Any more details on that?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Someone on the forum mentioned a Ford engineer recommending not lifting the BS. Any more details on that?
It was part of a Jalopnik review.

They would not recommend it if you want oem reliability on the CV joints and axles. Which is always entirely true. The geometry is different and you will be putting more load on those points so premature wear is eminent but dependent on each use case.

An entirely stock car but gets bashed off-road everyday wont fare any better than 1" lifted short commuter.

Each and every person's car will have different wear rates for different parts, its a mechanical thing. It's a risk some are willing to take while others are not.

If you want to read more about it, definitely read up on Subaru forums of lifted Crosstreks and Foresters. Some have more wear and tear, while others are luckier and have not had issues, yet.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’m guessing a non-dealer installed lift will void the warranty?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I’m guessing a non-dealer installed lift will void the warranty?
Depends on what you mean by void the warranty...

It won't void powertrain warranty.. but if you come in at 15K miles and a broken CV they can probably deny warranty on the CV because you have a lift.

They can't void the warranty if you have a leak in the headlights, or some software malfunction.

ANY modifications you do can potentially void some part of the warranty...

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have googled what comparable kits cost, but does anyone know what a fair price for installation would be?

I have watched videos on installing these on other Ford models (Ranger), and they are not very complicated. I would prefer to have someone else take on the task though.
Sponsored