lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks to @MKohlman and the rest of the posters for all the assistance. I picked up:

3157 HP11 from Diode Dynamics in Red for the Brake Lights
7443 HP11 from Diode Dynamics in White for the Reverse Lights
921 from Lasfit via Amazon in Amber for the Turn Signals

Plug and play and so far, so good.

Removal of the light housing was made easy with the instructions provided by another poster:

When you look at the tail lights with the trunk open, there’s a black plastic/rubber trim piece around the inner edge of the assembly towards the trunk seal. Wedge your fingers between the tail light and that trim piece and pull straight back, it is attached by two pop clips and that’s it. The tail lights are held in by two 10mm nuts. Take those out and pull straight back on the tail light assembly. The outboard side has two push-pegs into the body. A little wiggle is needed the first time to pop them out… but they’re pretty strong.

Almost impossible to test the Reverse and the Brake lights without a helper. Not even going to try to explain because someone (me) could have easily been seriously injured.

Thanks to all.
Sponsored

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
I went with the Lasfit bulbs all around; brake, back-up and turn signal. They are significantly brighter. Definitely worth it for safety in my opinion.

Caveat, I too am on my second set of turn signal bulbs. The passenger side has worked flawlessly since install. The driver side hyper-flashed immediately. After a quick email to Lasfit, they very promptly responded and sent a pair gratis. The second bulb in the driver side worked normally for my first drive but soon started to hyper-flash at various rates; from super slow to super fast. Rather than play the swap again game I'm ready to try the resistor method.

Can anyone provide a picture or diagram of how to do this ?

I am pretty comfortable with electronics and likely have a suitable resistor here at home.

Daniel

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Philips vs stock... phips is slightly brighter but not what im looking for... have some extreme ultrabrights on the way

Ford Bronco Sport LED bulbs for tail lights 20210918_224910

Ford Bronco Sport LED bulbs for tail lights 20210918_224923

Ford Bronco Sport LED bulbs for tail lights 20210914_213829

Ford Bronco Sport LED bulbs for tail lights 20210914_213822

cubedtothex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I went with the Lasfit bulbs all around; brake, back-up and turn signal. They are significantly brighter. Definitely worth it for safety in my opinion.

Caveat, I too am on my second set of turn signal bulbs. The passenger side has worked flawlessly since install. The driver side hyper-flashed immediately. After a quick email to Lasfit, they very promptly responded and sent a pair gratis. The second bulb in the driver side worked normally for my first drive but soon started to hyper-flash at various rates; from super slow to super fast. Rather than play the swap again game I'm ready to try the resistor method.

Can anyone provide a picture or diagram of how to do this ?

I am pretty comfortable with electronics and likely have a suitable resistor here at home.

Daniel
I’m in the same situation. I just installed Sylvsnia ZEVO 3057R bulbs for the brake lights, yet my turn signals are giving me hyper flash. I’m comfortable with electronics as well but not versed in the install of the proper resistors to prevent this. Any help is appreciated!

My 2017 Kia Soul didn’t have this issue :(

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I am thinking of buying 921 (T15) load resistors and splicing them into the lines to the socket and a roll of "thermal adhesive tape" to mount the resistors to the panel behind the tail light without screws.

I am tired of chasing hyper-flash and it looks like ForScan won't be fixing it any time soon either.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I am thinking of buying 921 (T15) load resistors and splicing them into the lines to the socket and a roll of "thermal adhesive tape" to mount the resistors to the panel behind the tail light without screws.

I am tired of chasing hyper-flash and it looks like ForScan won't be fixing it any time soon either.
I resistored the signal and brake sockets since with the common ground was doing weird things with hyperflash doing only one or the other. Reverse never was an issue.
used double sided tape as well to affix to the housing and no issues.

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
resistors really aren't the answer here. Every time I thought I had the problem resolved, the hyper flash would continue to intermittently return. Forscan fixed the problem as the setting has now been found and published in the most current version.
Forscan is the answer regardless of the bulb being CANBUS or not.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Not sure of the BS, but when switching to LED bulbs for the turn indicators, a new LED flasher needs to be used. Maybe the newer vehicles no longer use a flasher?

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure of the BS, but when switching to LED bulbs for the turn indicators, a new LED flasher needs to be used. Maybe the newer vehicles no longer use a flasher?
no, its all controlled by the body control module now days, just need to turn ouf the bulb outage flags in forscan and all resolved.
Mostly software control now, no need for hardware controllers anymore

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
no, its all controlled by the body control module now days, just need to turn ouf the bulb outage flags in forscan and all resolved.
Mostly software control now, no need for hardware controllers anymore
Thanks! I see posts periodically pertaining to forscan. Is this a SW tool that can be purchased and loaded onto a PC, or is it an application already on a scanner of sorts that plugs into the OBD II port? Can it be purchased by a non Ford tech? Is it expensive?

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I see posts periodically pertaining to forscan. Is this a SW tool that can be purchased and loaded onto a PC, or is it an application already on a scanner of sorts that plugs into the OBD II port? Can it be purchased by a non Ford tech? Is it expensive?
seach forscan here in this forum, theres all the info to get it working, but yes a laptop is ideal and a obd2 cable reader is required $40-50 and the software is free, you will have to get a key which is good for a few months or you can pay for a year, and not pricey. its handy to have, its can do many things!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
seach forscan here in this forum, theres all the info to get it working, but yes a laptop is ideal and a obd2 cable reader is required $40-50 and the software is free, you will have to get a key which is good for a few months or you can pay for a year, and not pricey. its handy to have, its can do many things!
Thanks!

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
So….after 8 months of flawless LED taillight bulbs, I get the dreaded hyper flash! Looks like an issue with the brake light….ugh!
Sponsored