Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
our big complaint on the roast interior is on the 21 and early 22's they had perforated leather in the black leather sections, now its smooth and looks cheap by comparison

anyone notice the same?

comparison can be seen in these two Carmax cars..

perforated - https://www.carmax.com/car/23064623

smooth - https://www.carmax.com/car/22850072
Can't get past how filthy both of those cars are. If they don't even clean them, can't imagine Carmax does anything except flip them. Even the photos are pretty bad. Very un-professional. Wouldn't buy from Carmax, yuk!

Never did care for the grey patches mixed in on OB so that would bug me more than the perfs. The perf looks sporty but the other one seems more practical. Easy to cover, recover or replace.
Sponsored

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
not a big fan of leather mine will have the brown leather upgrade, was thinking of getting some kind of seat covers, maybe Katskin? or something else...anything out there that you feel is better than the others? something is a "cloth" feel version for both front and back.... (also wanting to preserve the rear seats from "dirty" children)....

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
our big complaint on the roast interior is on the 21 and early 22's they had perforated leather in the black leather sections, now its smooth and looks cheap by comparison

anyone notice the same?

comparison can be seen in these two Carmax cars..

perforated - https://www.carmax.com/car/23064623

smooth - https://www.carmax.com/car/22850072
And if your going to have perforated leather, why not ventilated seats. I really wanted ventilated seats. For a Badlands That can and is costing me north of 40K with how its optioned FORD could have done a lot better with creature comforts for sure, let alone stop including some items. The CVT in a subaru and dual clutch in a Sorento is how I ended up ordering a Bronco Sport. And I wondered about the seat colors too. Thought it was me.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I prefer leather but not brown. Why they chose that color is beyond me. Seems like that's the only color if you do get leather? Clashes with some of the exterior colors.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
For a Badlands That can and is costing me north of 40K with how its optioned FORD could have done a lot better with creature comforts for sure, let alone stop including some items.
If you had to choose between ventilated seats and the more capable 4WD system in the Badlands for the same money, which would you choose?

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
If you had to choose between ventilated seats and the more capable 4WD system in the Badlands for the same money, which would you choose?
I ordered a Badlands. So there is your answer. But the decision was made mostly on the transmission. Kia Sorento has the dual clutch, Subaru has CVT. For off road I wanted a gear shifting torque converter transmission. These were the prequel vehicles before ending at the BSBL.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I ordered a Badlands. So there is your answer. But the decision was made mostly on the transmission. Kia Sorento has the dual clutch, Subaru has CVT. For off road I wanted a gear shifting torque converter transmission. These were the prequel vehicles before ending at the BSBL.
Yeah they could have added vented seats power lift gate ect ect. The sports are hit vehicles huge sales success for Ford so overall they hit a home run. Majority of competition is dull boring ho hum offerings....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yeah they could have added vented seats power lift gate ect ect.
How much more would you be willing to pay? I picked up my Badlands (non-premium) for MSRP (under $36K). Premium features like ventilated seats and power liftgate would not be available without the premium package. I was pretty much at my budgetary limit; I don't think I would pay $40K (or more) for a Bronco Sport. They're nice vehicles, but not that nice.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
How much more would you be willing to pay? I picked up my Badlands (non-premium) for MSRP (under $36K). Premium features like ventilated seats and power liftgate would not be available without the premium package. I was pretty much at my budgetary limit; I don't think I would pay $40K (or more) for a Bronco Sport. They're nice vehicles, but not that nice.
If they would have offered it I pay what ever I was lucky at the time to put it all on no budget constraints. Plenty of other small SUVs with all those other features but I didn't see anything else out there I liked. Doesn't bother me its missing options other vehicles have I love mine just the way it is.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Hate brown, wish the BL had a navy leather option or just black.

Having kids leather is nice for cleaning. Most modern-day leather does not require much up keep.
Sponsored