OP
OP

Lulu

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Heritage
Ford just put a stop sale order on mine. It was built on Dec 12. I test drove it and was scheduled to buy it the day after this showed up on the forum.. When I saw the post, I told the dealer I wanted to hold off until they knew if mine was impacted. They called me today to tell me that it would be sometime in Q2 before they would have parts and could sell it. Ridiculous. FYI, no recall shows up when I do a search on my VIN for recalls.
Since only 801 cars are affected, Ford has the ABS modules so I would think the dealer could ask Fomoco to send the part so they can sell the vehicle. Wouldn’t think dealer or Ford want it sitting on the lot for 3 months. Your situation is different from us who now own the car. I had called Ford customer service who transferred me to warranty dept. she said if I had a problem with my brakes, a dealer would be able to order the part and swap it out, so the modules are available.

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
This seems pretty weird. I picked mine up (built Dec. 13th) on January 31st. I was worried about this and got the dealer to give me his report on the car from Ford which said it was fine. (I kept a copy of the report.) NHTSA recall website still gives nothing. I continue to assume that this recall affected every car sold over that period, but I admit I don't actually know that. Why they wouldn't sell one without notifying the people they sold to a week and a half earlier makes little sense.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I continue to assume that this recall affected every car sold over that period, but I admit I don't actually know that.
From the document anouncing the recall:

Affected vehicles: select 2023 Ford Bronco Sport models produced between December 8 , 2022, and December 16 , 2022.
The operative word is highlighted. If it affected all vehicle built during that time it would say "all" instead of "select." These vehicles use different ABS modules depending on options. Those equipped with Co-pilot 360+ use an electric brake booster with integrated ABS module. Those without use a vacuum-powered booster and stand-alone ABS module. I don't know which type of ABS module is affected by this recall, but I'm pretty sure that's why it doesn't affect all vehicles.

Did you order yours with Co-pilot 360+?

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
From the document anouncing the recall:

The operative word is highlighted. If it affected all vehicle built during that time it would say "all" instead of "select." These vehicles use different ABS modules depending on options. Those equipped with Co-pilot 360+ use an electric brake booster with integrated ABS module. Those without use a vacuum-powered booster and stand-alone ABS module. I don't know which type of ABS module is affected by this recall, but I'm pretty sure that's why it doesn't affect all vehicles.

Did you order yours with Co-pilot 360+?
I don’t know anything about which vehicles were affected, but my Badlands with CoPilot 360+ was built on 12/15 and was not affected by the recall.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know anything about which vehicles were affected, but my Badlands with CoPilot 360+ was built on 12/15 and was not affected by the recall.
So, my guess is this recall will apply only to vehicles built between the affected dates with the stand-alone ABS modules.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 360, not 360+
So we have one with and one without 360+ that are not affected by the recall. That means either my theory is wrong, or only certain cars with stand-alone ABS modules are affected. Would those of you who ARE affected by the recall please chime in? Please tell us if your car has 360+ or not.

OP
OP

Lulu

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Heritage
So we have one with and one without 360+ that are not affected by the recall. That means either my theory is wrong, or only certain cars with stand-alone ABS modules are affected. Would those of you who ARE affected by the recall please chime in? Please tell us if your car has 360+ or not.
My recalled bs heritage has only 360.

Aralm

Outer Banks
First Name
Ar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My recalled bs outer banks is 360

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is 360+ and was built on 12/13. We picked ours up on Feb. 4th and the dealer had no record of any open or closed recalls on our Badlands. I will say that we were supposed to get our car by Jan. 15th and I got an email on that date delaying our car several more weeks to be delivered. I am wondering if they repaired mine prior to shipping from one of the stateside lots before shipping to my dealer. I guess I will never know the whole story. I will say that I have had to use the ABS twice already to avoid collisions. Thank goodness it is working like a champ.

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
My oxb has 360+ and was built on 12/09/2022 but no recall

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
My '23 OBX was built on 11 December. It arrived at the dealer, and I picked it up on 11 January. Just checked for chuckles and there are no recalls for my vin.

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
My '23 OBX was built on 11 December. It arrived at the dealer, and I picked it up on 11 January. Just checked for chuckles and there are no recalls for my vin.
About the same built on the 9th picked up 01/14, no recalls, did you get 360++, I did, I wonder if that has anything to do with it