bradkz

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
So I've never had a vehicle I was as hopped-up about as the Bronco Sport. My last car was a BMW 328i, but I never got that excited to look at other BMWs. I never joined BMW forums or spent time with an internet community. I loved driving the BMW for eight years, but I decided to eventually let it go it because I wanted a more outdoor/adventure-oriented vehicle. I was shopping a RAV4, but when I couldn't find the model I wanted, I looked around and fell in love with the Bronco Sport. After months of chasing the trim I wanted, I got this Rapid Red Big Bend and now am FAIRLY OBSESSED with it. I've had it for about six weeks, and can't get enough of it.

I've been mocked for my Bronco Sport fixation —shopping for it, washing it, talking about it — and this will fade eventually, but for now, I am busy staring at pictures of your BS's, poring over the BS Forum, shopping accessories, looking at your trail pix, considering all your mods. It's opening up a whole new stoopid world of geekery!

Is my obsession unusual? I've looked at, say, the Subaru Outback forum and the RAV4 message boards online. A lot of complaining. Don't seem to have the same level of fandom for those cars...

Ford Bronco Sport Kinda Obsessed BroncoSportOC
Sponsored

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Nice BS, great color. Welcome to the obsessive club. Are you kidding, this forum is like BS Anonymous. I also have a Maverick on order and talk about obsessive and we don't even have anything to be obsessive about yet. One guy was lamenting how much time he spends in the forum for a car he doesn't even have yet.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
So I've never had a vehicle I was as hopped-up about as the Bronco Sport. My last car was a BMW 328i, but I never got that excited to look at other BMWs. I never joined BMW forums or spent time with an internet community. I loved driving the BMW for eight years, but I decided to eventually let it go it because I wanted a more outdoor/adventure-oriented vehicle. I was shopping a RAV4, but when I couldn't find the model I wanted, I looked around and fell in love with the Bronco Sport. After months of chasing the trim I wanted, I got this Rapid Red Big Bend and now am FAIRLY OBSESSED with it. I've had it for about six weeks, and can't get enough of it.

I've been mocked for my Bronco Sport fixation —shopping for it, washing it, talking about it — and this will fade eventually, but for now, I am busy staring at pictures of your BS's, poring over the BS Forum, shopping accessories, looking at your trail pix, considering all your mods. It's opening up a whole new stoopid world of geekery!

Is my obsession unusual? I've looked at, say, the Subaru Outback forum and the RAV4 message boards online. A lot of complaining. Don't seem to have the same level of fandom for those cars...

Lol, enjoy, we've all been afflicted with the Broncomania pathogen and are currently enduring it euphoric side effects.

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I feel the same way about my BL. I still have people stopping me and asking to look inside the BS. I have recently added fender flares, had the windows tinted and want to add the steel wheels. After that, we'll see what happens.

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Nope. Nothing wrong with you OP. I had to wait over 7 months to get my OB. Was, and still am on this forum several times a day! IMHO, the only other forum that had this kind of enthusiasm was the Fiat Club of America. I’ve never been so attached to a vehicle like our Fiats (we were a ”three”iat family), until we discovered “Marvin“ our Area 51 OB! Enjoy the fascination! And welcome! Love the Rapid Red!

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I’m right there with you @bradkz I am totally obsessed with my Area51 BB (Aka Rex). I find myself on this forum multiple times a day seeing what everyone is doing to and with their Broncos. It’s an iconic vehicle and people are passionate about it. I’ve been waiting for a long time for the Bronco to come back. I’ve always been fascinated with them. My parents brought me home in a 72’ Bronco. I had a 79 for a very short time in High School. It continues and as long as you’re not neglecting your true priorities in life, there’s not a damn thing wrong with being excited to find out more about these awesome and super fun Bronco Sports! Keep on keeping on!

Ford Bronco Sport Kinda Obsessed 2CA9E10C-BC48-4886-AD1C-DD0879722180

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m right there with you @bradkz. My fiancé if I’m looking at my phone always says, “talking to your bronco buddies?” Which I am. @Chevyguy is right, once you start buying stuff it keeps going. A couple weeks ago we were gonna get a stint of like ten days without rain, so I go out and wash and wax it (the last coat). Well that night it spits just enough rain to cover it in water spots. (I hate rain! I hate it) So I washed it again! My fiancé thinks I’m nuts, and said she thought I loved my BSport more then the family lol.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
First step is admitting you have a problem. "Hi my name is __________, and im a broncoholic."

**disclaimer ** im not poking fun at addictions or alcoholism, hahhaa ive actually been alcohol-free for 13.5 yrs

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
First step is admitting you have a problem. "Hi my name is __________, and im a broncoholic."

**disclaimer ** im not poking fun at addictions or alcoholism, hahhaa ive actually been alcohol-free for 13.5 yrs
Bravo @Reklussloth ! I quit the cigarettes but the booze is still a squirrelly monkey on the back!

Reactions: Jrl

GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
My wife makes fun of me for this. I obsessed for months before ordering, finally ordered in april and (im)patiently waited for my order to come in. Still hasn’t. But the dealer had a similarly configured come in, which I bought yesterday! Finally!

I don’t think this will go away….

carpaymentkid

Big Bend
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rapid red bronco sport

lOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MINE! WAS NEVER AS IMPRESSED with anything else . ENJOY!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Grasshopper, you must become one with the BS. This road to enlightenment is long and treacherous. I can guide you to total BS coolness and Nirvana but only You can walk the path and you must walk it alone.
Buy no more toys, buy only gas.
And when it gets filthy you must not wash it !
I drove mine dirty for a whole month and In this I got noticed and admired. This step is critical.
It will make you appear more
“Rugged” the women folk like ruggedness. Drive past the car washes, look for puddles and splash through them.
If you get off-road and fine a mud puddle allow your Baby to play and wear the mud with pride
Do these things out of respect for the BS.
Your BS will develop power and become a tougher Bad Boy.

Or keep it spotless and follow the herd To Wally World or the Grocery store. In this you will remain a sheep but Remember this above all else Grasshopper,
Us wolves don’t lose sleep over the opinions of sheep…
The path is yours to choose, choose wisely

Last edited:

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
?namaste?

Grasshopper, you must become one with the BS. This road to enlightenment is long and treacherous. I can guide you to total BS coolness and Nirvana but only You can walk the path and you must walk it alone.
Buy no more toys, buy only gas.
And when it gets filthy you must not wash it !
I drove mine dirty for a whole month and In this I got noticed and admired. This step is critical.
It will make you appear more
“Rugged” the women folk like ruggedness. Drive past the car washes, look for puddles and splash through them.
If you get off-road and fine a mud puddle allow your Baby to play and wear the mud with pride
Do these things out of respect for the BS.
Your BS will develop power and become a tougher Bad Boy.

Or keep it spotless and follow the herd To Wally World or the Grocery store. In this you will remain a sheep but Remember this above all else Grasshopper,
Us wolves do not care about the opinions of sheep…
The path is your to choose, choose wisely
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Electronics, Nav, SYNC, FordPass, ForScan, A/V, Communications 78