Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yep, heated steering wheel is on or off.
Here is the screen displaying the dual zone heat
Ford Bronco Sport Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME! 1AF86E15-90AD-4635-B47E-4159816ADD6C
Thanks for posting. Pretty cool up there in each corner.
Sponsored

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
The temps no longer showing on the climate controls is likely due to the chip shortage. Ford is really looking to find ways to cut corners to reduce the number of chips used in their cars. Why have a chip to generate the LED display when you already have a built in way to show it in the SYNC display? Makes sense and frankly, I kinda prefer it.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yep, heated steering wheel is on or off.
Here is the screen displaying the dual zone heat
Ford Bronco Sport Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME! 1AF86E15-90AD-4635-B47E-4159816ADD6C
Tried replying here, but went to latest reply instead...

Reposting:

Are any of Weasel, Nick or Josh still employed there? I can only imagine what they're saying about the Viqueens as of late. I moved away from Minny some time ago so I'm not plugged in anymore.

Reactions: Rat
OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Tried replying here, but went to latest reply instead...

Reposting:

Are any of Weasel, Nick or Josh still employed there? I can only imagine what they're saying about the Viqueens as of late. I moved away from Minny some time ago so I'm not plugged in anymore.
Josh and Nick are leading the show, with a couple side kicks. Weasel has been gone for many years now, just recently I heard him on a 80s/90s station.
The morning show is still similar to what it was years ago, a better alternative to what else is offered. No politics, which is very NICE.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I'm definitely in the camp of the temp in the knob adds a nice polish to the interior look, especially compared to what they look like now. This pic was posted over on the r/BroncoSport subreddit
Ford Bronco Sport Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME! mta2crhauz881
Put me down in the camp that is happy I have the readout on the knob and a screen popup when you turn it. A nice polish is a great way to phrase the feeling.

On either version, the thing that irrationally bugs me is the fan buttons. I would kill to have the two buttons and the seven little lights replaced by a single dial whether or not the dial says 1-7 on it.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for posting. Pretty cool up there in each corner.
Yeah it is, it's all about keeping your head up... Seems like a simple sync update could get us that. Surprised it's not already there

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Yep, me too. I'm finicky with my seat position and the lack of memory seats is partly why I don't let my husband drive mine. Kind of funny and kind of true :D
Same here! My husband knows not to touch my seat setting if he drives my car ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Same here! My husband knows not to touch my seat setting if he drives my car ?
My wife is primary driver on mine. What I do is let her get seat how she likes then I slide back only no other changes. Then she slides forward when she drives works for us....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
What does it look like when you have Android Auto on?
If you move the dial it will show a popup of the new setting, but since Android Auto replaces the SYNC screen it will not show the currently set temp. I don't view this a an issue. Either you're comfortable with the current setting or you're not. If you're cold you're going to turn up the heat even if the system is currently set to 75 degrees, right?

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
My wife is primary driver on mine. What I do is let her get seat how she likes then I slide back only no other changes. Then she slides forward when she drives works for us....
That's not bad. The worst is when someone changes all of your settings; mirrors, seat tilt, etc. Surprised they don't have at least one memory setting in the BS.

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Put me down in the camp that is happy I have the readout on the knob and a screen popup when you turn it. A nice polish is a great way to phrase the feeling.

On either version, the thing that irrationally bugs me is the fan buttons. I would kill to have the two buttons and the seven little lights replaced by a single dial whether or not the dial says 1-7 on it.
Could go with a trim level that has single zone heat, the left dial is the fan speeds

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
My final two cents on this...

Yes... I'm still going to take delivery when it arrives. But I strongly dislike this "corner cutting". It's just more clutter for the infotainment screen designed like that... Two temps and a third in the middle for outdoor temp, da fuq? They sort of just look slapped in there... They could redesign the layout a little better in my opinion, its just software. I'm sorry but the knobs having the temps is far more intuitive. Not a deal breaker by any means, just a downgrade.

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
My final two cents on this...

Yes... I'm still going to take delivery when it arrives. But I strongly dislike this "corner cutting". It's just more clutter for the infotainment screen designed like that... Two temps and a third in the middle for outdoor temp, da fuq? They sort of just look slapped in there... They could redesign the layout a little better in my opinion, its just software. I'm sorry but the knobs having the temps is far more intuitive. Not a deal breaker by any means, just a downgrade.
I believe you will LOVE your Badlands when it arrives. I really like the OB, the extra power of the BL makes it perfect!
Sponsored