Just brought ‘22 BS OB home, it’s AWESOME!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
Wondering-where IS the ambient lighting? Thank you for posting and answering our questions!

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
Ford is removing ambient lighting in their cupholders in many, if not all, of their vehicles. The F-150 and Explorer are two, according to those forums (I have the ‘21 F150 Lariat and a ‘22 Explorer ST on order). I also understand that the temp knob to screen change is also. I have the temperature shown in my ‘18 Jeep GC, so I know mind it, but, aesthetically, I like how the BS has it on the ‘21s.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
As for the temps... So now the only way to know what temp you're set on is to turn the dial so it pops up? Then it goes away? LAME.
No, it remains visible in the upper-left corner of the screen. I actually prefer this instead of looking down at the dial.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
No, it remains visible in the upper-left corner of the screen. I actually prefer this instead of looking down at the dial.
Oh cool, that actually makes some sense then for sure. The dials are pretty low down.

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
With the dual zone heating it stays shown on the top left and right of the central screen

the ambient lights are in both foot wells front door handles(haven’t looked in the back seat)

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
What is the bump in the back of the driver's seat, and how is the shifter different? I'm not familiar with the differences in the Maverick's shifter.
on the ‘21 OB it felt like the lumbar support was still on, even though it was disengaged. So the lower part of the upper seat back was “pushed out” i was very noticeable when I drove my other Ford products as a comparison.

the shifters are both rotary. The ‘21 had a positive stop on the P position. The Maverick and ‘22 BS doesn’t have a stop at P, so you can keep turning the shifter even if it is in P.
I was told, have tried, that if you open the drivers door with the vehicle in drive the transmission with shift to P

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
My 2016 Escape is just like that. Seems that Ford is going backwards on some things.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on the ‘21 OB it felt like the lumbar support was still on, even though it was disengaged. So the lower part of the upper seat back was “pushed out” i was very noticeable when I drove my other Ford products as a comparison.

the shifters are both rotary. The ‘21 had a positive stop on the P position. The Maverick and ‘22 BS doesn’t have a stop at P, so you can keep turning the shifter even if it is in P.
I was told, have tried, that if you open the drivers door with the vehicle in drive the transmission with shift to P
Yes, the Bronco Sports will automatically shift itself into Park - you can even watch the dial turn when it does.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
My 2016 Escape is just like that. Seems that Ford is going backwards on some things.
Not sure what you mean by going backwards. Our '12 Focus did not have temperature in the dials, but my mother's '97 Cougar does. So having digital temps in the dials is ultra backwards to me.

OP
OP
mustangmech

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
Reactions: Jrl

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what you mean by going backwards. Our '12 Focus did not have temperature in the dials, but my mother's '97 Cougar does. So having digital temps in the dials is ultra backwards to me.
Only that my 2016 Escape didn't have it but my 2019 Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport do and now supposedly the 2022 Bronco Sports do not. In my opinion, if you have something that has an upgrade like the digital temps in the knobs and then you take them out, then that is going backwards.
Sponsored