Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Well I have the HRG skid plate and ditch light brackets installed. After much thought I purchased the JCR set up. I have the engine, 2 belly pans and the rock sliders ordered. I also bought the console Molle panels. The production lead time is gonna kill me lol. I figured since I joined up with the local Bronco 6G club I want to run with them as often as I realistically can. Luckily I have a little time for the next purchase of a recovery gear bag as the are a great bunch of people and I can rely on them on our monthly outings. Shoutout Chicagoland Broncos. There are other Sports in the club. But as I have only been on 1 outing so far I have not met any of them yet.
Sponsored

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Definitely let us know how things fit! I keep hearing mixed reports of the JCR skid plates and sliders not quite fitting on a badlands without trimming them a bit. I've been considering the same for awhile, though.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
They said when asked that NO trimming needed. It fits the Badlands. What I gathered was the guy who put them on with the Go Rhino rock sliders was the reason trimming was needed. SO they best fit. JCR lead time is 15-30 days. so it will be awhile.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Ltd
Howdy. I'm really glad you're in the middle of this, because I'm doing some of the same.

I've got the factory bash plates ('23 HL), but I would also like to add front bumper, departure protection, and rock rails.

JCR HRG confirmed that their front bumper plate will fit, and I've got a hitch-skid lined up for departure. JCR site says the sliders require their cat plate in order to mount. I'd like to know if it has to be theirs, or will the factory cat plate suffice?

I'll be following this thread... looking forward to your install updates 😀

Last edited:
OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Not the V
Howdy. I'm really glad you're in the middle of this, because I'm doing some of the same.

I've got the factory bash plates ('23 HL), but I would also like to add front bumper, departure protection, and rock rails.

JCR confirmed that their front bumper plate will fit, and I've got a hitch-skid lined up for departure. JCR site says the sliders require their cat plate in order to mount. I'd like to know if it has to be theirs, or will the factory cat plate suffice?

I'll be following this thread... looking forward to your install updates 😀
The cat plate works on its own but the evap plates are needed for the sliders. Their bumper skid plate works with their engine skid plate if you wanted to upgrade for oil change purposes. But their engine skid plate will not work with like HRG Bumper plate fyi.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm. I guess I need to learn more about the factory bash plates. I've been having a devil of a time finding specs & info on them.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Hmm. I guess I need to learn more about the factory bash plates. I've been having a devil of a time finding specs & info on them.
under the engine, fuel tank 2 parts and one by the evap canister. Badlands only.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
My JCR sliders and belly skids arrive tomorrow.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JCR sliders and belly skids arrive tomorrow.
Alright, I crawled under mine and checked out the existing evap plates; and then I watched JCR's slider installation video. I can't see any reason why their sliders wouldn't work with the factory evap plate 🤞

I guess what I'll do is order the sliders and see if they work. If not, I was going to have to replace the evap plates anyway; so I'll just order them if necessary. (and hope I don't wreck my rockers in the meantime 😬)

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Alright, I crawled under mine and checked out the existing evap plates; and then I watched JCR's slider installation video. I can't see any reason why their sliders wouldn't work with the factory evap plate 🤞

I guess what I'll do is order the sliders and see if they work. If not, I was going to have to replace the evap plates anyway; so I'll just order them if necessary. (and hope I don't wreck my rockers in the meantime 😬)
JCR evap plate goes fron the subframe mount all the way to the gas tank. It also bolts to gether to the slider. Hopefully tomorrow my son can help me install them.

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230419_170120

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230419_170139

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230419_170146

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230419_141447

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
You have an engine skid plate already. The only reason for the JCR engine skid plate is if you do your own oil changes. The HLE has a skid plate on the driver side covering the evaporater canister amd also covering the gas tank. The JCR evap skid plate comes as a set for both sides of the floor pans, and are a requirement if you want the sliders. I have a Badlands with the HRG bumper skid plate currently.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have an engine skid plate already. The only reason for the JCR engine skid plate is if you do your own oil changes. The HLE has a skid plate on the driver side covering the evaporater canister amd also covering the gas tank. The JCR evap skid plate comes as a set for both sides of the floor pans, and are a requirement if you want the sliders. I have a Badlands with the HRG bumper skid plate currently.
Yes, thank you for that.

I think I've come to the same conclusion you reached months ago, lol. But I'm kinda dense that way.

I'll go with the HRG front bumper plate as my first purchase. Honestly, that plastic fairing is my primary concern. I'm not planning on any rocky wheeling over the summer; but I'll be much more confident with some approach protection.

I'm looking at a couple of hitch plates for departure protection, but once I've got those covered I'll look to do the rest with JCR components down the road: cat plate, floor/evap plates, rails.

Thanks again for doing this first, lol.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
The evap skid plates interfere with the gas tank skid plate. It did have to be trimmed a little. But overall I like them and on Sunday will see the in action.

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230427_133830

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230427_150738

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230427_150713

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230427_133827

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230427_133811

Ford Bronco Sport JCR on the way. 20230426_133835

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The evap skid plates interfere with the gas tank skid plate. It did have to be trimmed a little. But overall I like them and on Sunday will see the in action.
Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly: you ended up trimming the factory gas tank skid to fit the evap plates? Or the other way around?
Sponsored